Mothercare Luxury Bath Support

Mothercare Luxury Bath Support

Baby Bath Accessory

Review of "Mothercare Luxury Bath Support"

published 23/05/2005 | pooliebaby
Member since : 20/04/2005
Pro Washable and comfortable for baby
Cons takes a long time to dry out after use

"Bathtime support"

I bought the bath support instead of a baby bath as I felt it would have greater longevity over a small bath. I was proved right on that count. The bath support was used from the day I brought my son home and is still being used now 5 months on. Because it is made from towelling material, the bath support offers a non slip surface for the baby to rest on. I am able to keep one hand on my child and open the baby wash at the same time! The material can be easily removed from the wire so that it can be washed. It is also easy to place back on the wire ready for its next use.

I do however find that the bath support takes a long time to dry out and this gives me limited places to leave it so that it doesn't soak everything it comes into contact with. I usually lives prepped up in my bath. Also, wet it once you have the bath water at a comfortable temperature. I forgot to do this once and the baby gave me a very shocked look - It was cold!!

This product also enables me to confidently bathe my child without assistance.

I bought the bath support at Mothercare some 8 months ago and the price I paid may differ to what it costs at the moment. But the price you can buy it for is £8.00. You can also buy a similar product made from foam that is shaped as a mini person!

Boots also offer something similar designed by Mamas and Papas but its higher priced than the Mothercare option. Toys R us also offer a smililar item that is slightly cheaper.

• Jaynestep published 03/07/2005
    I have one similar to this although Isabelle is getting a bit heavy for it now. They are brilliant though. Jayne x x
  • sallysmith1973 published 02/07/2005
    We had one of these second time around - the baby bath got used a few times, one thing we shouldn't have bought, but there you go - we wanted anything and everything of course! This was great though, invaluable. Good review. Thanks. Sal x
  • danielle82 published 02/07/2005
    Great review, never try'd this but will do in future x