Mothercare Luxury Bath Support

Mothercare Luxury Bath Support

Baby Bath Accessory

Review of "Mothercare Luxury Bath Support"

published 10/06/2005 | LisaCiao2005
Member since : 10/06/2005
Pro Free hands when bathing baby
Cons takes ages to dry

"Very useful for bathing baby"

I bought this when I was still pregnant as bathing my baby was something I was very nervous about, not only was I a first time Mum but I was also very inexperienced around babies. The youngest I had ever held was about 9 months old.
The first time we bathed the baby, in his little baby bath, we used the bath support. It doesn't fit as well into the baby bath as it does in the normal bath, but i still can't do without it. He lies on it and it really does make a huge difference. I would recommend using it in the big bath as it is a lot easier, it lies flat on the bath floor rather than on the sides as in a baby bath. You can wash the baby and his hair with so much ease, with 2 hands which is SO much easier! and you can take your time, as he is more relaxed and comfortable, and you have 2 hands free to play with him and splash about . There is no worry about slipping, or gripping him to tight.
The only downsides are that obviously it is no substite for parental supervision in the bath, he could still slip from the support. Also it is harder to clean his back as he is lying down on it, although i think this is no more the case when one is not used. It also takes a very long time to dry! my best advice is though to always take it off the metal stand after use and hang up to dry.
Overall, I would definitely recommend the bath support to any parent, but particularly those who need the extra bit of confidence when bathing those 'slippery when wet' new babies.

• Averilla published 11/06/2005