Mothercare Luxury Bath Support

Mothercare Luxury Bath Support

Baby Bath Accessory

Review of "Mothercare Luxury Bath Support"

published 27/03/2006 | lisa1907
Member since : 23/11/2005
Pro Better on your back
Cons none

"A happier bath time for all"

I got this bath support when my daughter grown out for her baby bath but was not quite ready for going in a bath seat as she could not sit up for herself then and saw this and thought about giving it a try.

This by all means is no substitute for an adult holding the baby while in the bath you must never leave their side what this does help you with is having baby in bath without having to hold them all the time and hurting your back. What I did was have everything ready and put her in her bath this allowed me to have two hands for washing and playing in her bath which was a great back saver.

This can be used in a baby bath but never really fitted well in the baby bath we had so I just really used this in our bath to get her used to being in the big bath so when she went on to the baby seat in was not a big change for her.

Sturdy frame with a non-slip, washable, terry towelling cover. The frame is non collapsible and will hold their weight up to about 6 months but my daughter was a late baby for sitting up on her own so I used this up to she was about 8 months old the terry toweling cover is easy to come off and put in the washing machine to wash and better to put back on the frame while it is still wet or almost dry and is very difficult to put on the frame once completely dry.

Reassuring support and comfort I thought is was great as she looking very comfortable in this and enjoyed every bath she had the only thing I thought was because of the angle it had to be for the baby it allowed for not much water to be in the bath or you would find that the water would be over the babies head and was not really covering their body well and i thought it could be quite cold for them that way had to make sure the room was well heated before giving her a bath.

Suitable for use in all standard baby baths as well as full-size adult baths as I said before not much use in the baby bath was had but used in our own bath

Suitable from birth to 6 months

Never leave your baby unattended in the bath even for a moment

Stop using bath support once baby starts getting active/leaning forward

All in all this is a great product and I wish I had found it earlier with my daughter would have saved my back a great deal of pain if I known this was about.

This can buy from mothercare and is only 7.99 which is well worth the money it's a simple and very practical item and would buy it again for my next child.

• MAFARRIMOND published 27/03/2006
    Such a good idea. Maureen
  • belfin published 27/03/2006
    I had one of these for my daughter many years ago and it was great in her baby bath although it was a bigger one so it fit easily. It meant I didn't have to worry about her slipping whilst she was all soapy. Belinda
  • danielalong published 27/03/2006
    It would be nice in bigger sizes! xx