Moto Motorway Service Stations

Moto Motorway Service Stations

Review of "Moto Motorway Service Stations"

published 22/06/2003 | Kipo
Range of goods in shop
Opening hours
Customer service
Quantity of petrol pumps

"Wooley Edge Services M1 South"

Being a frequent commuter between the south of Scotland and the South of England I find, unfortunately that this service station is a perfect halfway house HOWEVER ONLY IN LOCATION.
If you have ever stopped at Wooley Edge M1 SOUTH you will know exactly what I mean. The first real impression this service station made on me was back in 1997 on a late night stop south. The place was deserted, there was a skeleton staff on hand and the coffee, quite frankly, was revolting. We have unfortunately had to stop on several occasions at this location for calls of nature and on one such stop our hearts were lifted to find that they were being taken over by Moto.
So, next trip south, Wooley Edge here we come, full of anticipation. So we stop, only to find nothings changed, except for the name and a PORTOCABIN toilet in the car park! We could tell it was there from the rivers of urine running from it. Being the trusting people that we are we still gave it the benefit of the doubt, thinking this was a means to an end.
Well, having stopped there again on 21st June 2003, I can gladly report that the toilets are spotless BUT ... we had to fight past the over flowing dustbins in the car park to get in the door and once inside, ordering a cafe Americano, we sat down at a filthy table, which was not the only one in the cafe. The staff were very pleasant but unfortunately the lack of cleanliness has let the place down once again.
We have stopped at other Moto services and have never seen anything like this one. Is it just us?
Kipo

• m.lyon published 25/06/2003
    I used to live in barnsley so know this one quite well and they are really expensive. Nice op. Marc
  • MARKH455 published 23/06/2003
    Hello and welcome to ciao! This is a good description of your experience of the service station - and to get a higher rating, you generally should include some information about the station itself AS WELL AS your experiences and personal opinions. If you add some more, or want some help, give me a shout. We all start here, so don't be put off by the ratings on your first op. Mark :o)
  • rowei published 23/06/2003
    It doesn't sound the best of service stations, if there is such a thing as a good service station!

Product Information : Moto Motorway Service Stations