Moto Motorway Service Stations

Moto Motorway Service Stations

Review of "Moto Motorway Service Stations"

published 30/06/2003 | hayslad
Member since : 15/05/2003
Pro You can sleep in the car park
Cons expensive, poor food, indifferent staff
Price of food
Range of goods in shop
Opening hours
Customer service

"M6 - Knutsford Services"

I should start by saying that this review relates only to Knutsford. For all I know, other sites may be better.

I am of the view that motorway service stations have improved somewhat in recent years - though they still have a long way to go. However, I recently arrived at Knutsford at 8 a.m. one morning and had an experience very much akin to the bad old days.

The first stop was the toilet. Not bad and basically clean. Then up to the restaurant area where I was tempted by the Traditional English Breakfast at £5.99. For this sum I was to receive a fried egg, a sausage (containing herbs - may have been Cumberland), a rasher of bacon, a dollop of beaked beans and a slice of fried bred.

I am not a lover of such sausages and enquired, as I have in many other places, whether I might have an extra egg instead of the sausage. For the first time ever, my request was refused with "you can only change meat for meat". That's the rule. Rather petty and pointless to my mind. I did not press the point and accepted the sausage.

The girl proceeded to load my plate. First she broke the egg, then piled everything else on top of it. When she handed me the plate it was stone cold so, by the time I had paid, all the food was stone cold too. In fairness, this might not have been because of the plate - I'm not sure it was hot in the first place.

The egg, beans, and even the sausage, were all ok. Not outstanding, but ok.

The bacon was rather pale and chewy. The piece de resistance was the fried bread which, when I tried to cut it, richoceted off all four walls of the restaurant.

I can't remember the last time I had such a poor "meal"

• royray published 30/06/2003
    It sounds pretty dire,take care,pat.
  • Sbanshee published 30/06/2003
    Ive experienced Knutsford too - a real pleasure - but this opinion would have received a higher rating if it had included a wider summary of services and or foodstuffs, so that the consumer is given a basis across its entire services rather than say just one meal type. If you update I will be happy to come back and rerate :)

Product Information : Moto Motorway Service Stations