Moto Motorway Service Stations

Moto Motorway Service Stations

Review of "Moto Motorway Service Stations"

published 24/01/2004 | jackiechan
Member since : 05/10/2003
Satisfactory
Pro sell good things and are handy when on long drives
Cons RIP OFF
Price of food
Range of goods in shop
Opening hours
Customer service
Quantity of petrol pumps

"WHAT A RIP - OFF!!!"

Whichever Moto you turn to, to stop off at, you will always find their prices are absolutely disgraceful! Whether your buying a meal for your family, buying some sweets for the journey or just stopping for a drink they will always be really expensive. I'm srprised you don't have to pay them to wipe your own a**.

Inside this particular service station I stopped off at we decided to eat at the Burger King as we had some kids with us. We went to sit down and one of us went up to order. "That'll be £32 please, sir." WHAT?!?! This is a meal for 4! At home I could've bought that from home for about £15. We ate up quickly and left as soon as we could. We needed petrol so we stopped off at the petrol station next to the actual MOTO complex. We then came to find that the petrol was about 5-6p more per litre than it would at home.

In this service station there was a Caf'e which sold sandwiches and muffins and that kind of thing, like a coffe shop. There was a kind of Newsagentm, it was well stocked with books, CD's, DVD's, Newspapers, sweets and drinks. Althought the poor prices the staff at counters and cleaners were very helpful and friendly. There is also toilet facilities and childrens playing areas outside.

There are some cash - machines dotted around that charge you a fue pounds to use it.

• Deru published 20/03/2004
    I think you'll find that the majority of motorway food places a pricey.
  • petitesquirt published 27/01/2004
    I agree with you completely that the Motorway service stations are very expensive. We try not to eat at these places but turn off to villages if possible.
  • T21AMY published 24/01/2004
    If anyone hasn't noticed already, whilst Burger King increase their prices at Service Stations, McDonalds don't - worth bearing in mind. Axx

Product Information : Moto Motorway Service Stations