Motorola Droid

Motorola Droid

Wifi

Review of "Motorola Droid"

published 17/09/2010 | JCook922
Member since : 17/09/2010
Pro Open Source, so you find a wide variety of applications, and can make your own.
Cons Lots of garbage apps so you sort of have to dig for the good ones.
Look & Feel
Durability & Robustness
Battery standby time
Battery talktime

"Droid does? Well, it does pretty well."

Originally I was going to upgrade from my old LG Envy to an iPhone, and then I found out that Verizon doesn't carry them! The customer service rep then introduced me to the Droid, and I've enjoyed it ever since.

My Droid originally was having some battery problems, which I heard was common after I bought it. At the end of the day the battery power is comparable with the iPhone, you just need to make sure you don't have several apps you don't need always running in the background. While this may seem rather spartan to the people who are glued to their phone in this day and age, I didn't find it to be a huge disadvantage.

The web-browsing app for this is amazing and I absolutely love the slideout keyboard as an option that the iPhone lacks, as it makes browsing much easier with the built in Google Chrome browser.

All in all, both the iPhone and the Droid are great phones. If you want every app to be incredibly polished and efficient, then the iPhone is your phone. If you want a greater web-browsing experience and a wider variety of more obscure applications(I'm in the Air Force and another Airmen somewhere made an app that calculates the newest Air Force Fitness Test for me so I can test myself when I work out!) then the Droid is a wonderful phone. Everything is comparable, but you aren't selling yourself short by buying the Motorola Droid in the place of an iPhone.

offers "Motorola Droid"