The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
This phone was my first phone and I got it very cheap (£29.99) The phone is a good phone for first time users.
There are shortcut menus which you can assign to your own menus if you dont like the ones already set.
1. Call Voicemail Here you can dial your answer phone when you have voicemail messages
2. Divert Voice Call Dibverty Incoming calls to your answer phone or a different phone number. (On pay as you go you can only divert to your answerphone)
3. Message editor Sending SMS to people, unfortunately you can only send an SMS up to 160 characters. Multimessaging is not available on this phone
4. Read messages Reading messages that have not been read
5. Add entry to SIM For quickly adding a number to the SIM card. Unfortunately you can not store on the phone. 90 umbers could be stored on the SIM card on this phone - but that was more than 3 years ago.
6. Battery Meter This shows a more precise indication of battery power remaining
7. Phone lock now This is someting nokia could learn. Here you lock the phone and you have to enter your four digit unlock code to unlock the phone. There is also the default lock keypad by pressing * and #.
8. Find by name Search the first three letters of a name and the phone will find the number and call it.
9. Switch Line 1/2 On this phone you can have two phone lines however it you have to subscribe to the service and it is not available on Pay as you go.
Now for the main menu
Information Here you can find out about infoirmation on Sport, Lifestyle, and Finance. However this option is not available on Pay as you go
Phonebook This is where the phone numbers are stored. Your number is also stored here as well as the last 10 calls as well as fixed dialling and one touch dial setting.
Call related Features Here you can display the battery meter, restrict your caller ID on the next call, and you can set up Call diverting, call waiting and call barring
Messages Here you can call your voicemail, check your inbox and outbox, or send an SMS. You canalso set messagfe settings for example the validity period of the text messages sent.
Phone setup Here you can select line 1 or line 2, adjust the ring volume, turn the ringer on or off. You can set the ringer tone from a 'wide' range of 11 tones. You can set a ringer tone for line 2. You can lock the phone here (this is the one where you have to type the code to unlock the phone). For extra added security you can have the phone so that the phone is locked when you first turn it on. You can also set to require the PIN code here, and for very high security you can have the phone set up so that you must enter both the PIN code and Unlock code to use the phone - pretty handy indeed. Here you can turn extended menus on or off. WIth extended menus turned on you get access to language selection, battery saving mode and keypad tones.
Network Selection. Another feature not available to pay as you go. Here you can select Available networks, Network search, Preffered networks and Find new network
Call meters Here you can select to show calll charges, you can see call timers for total calls, last call or reset timers. You can set the phone to beep over a specific mount of time in a call and you acn also choose to show or hide the call counters when in calls.
Accessory Setup This menu will only show when connected to handsfree kit and car kit accessories and you can select automatic answer wich answers the phone after two rings and safety timer and you set the amount of time the phone stays on for after the car ignition has stoped and saves you entering PIN codes and unlock codes.
The phone's size and weight Height: 140mm (excluding aerial) Width: 50mm Depth: 25mm Weight: 170g
This phone is recommended as a first phone or someone that is not feature crazy, (well it was made in 1999) It is a good phone.