Celia86 4

Celia86

Member since:31.08.2001

the ultimate work tool

25.11.2001

Advantages:
feature packed

Disadvantages:
expressless

Look & Feel

36 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. siso
  2. TrueSatan
  3. kurowski

It's been a while since I've had enough time to write on here, and suddenly I do have a
little spare time and I cant think of anything to write about. Well, the first thing I saw,
bar my dads "the ultimate country collection" cd, which I quite blatantly was not going
to review, was my new found love, my motorola timeport 250!

The phone is advertised as "The Ultimate Work Tool" on the box - Ok, yes, I'm not
old enough to have an office job, or really need a phone like this, which is why I didn't
buy this myself! It has loads of cool features which are probably useful to your
business types!

*The Look*
~~~~~~~~~~
The phone is fairly big compared to my old phone - the Nokia 32 10 (which broke after under a year, good quality or what...) - but it's much lighter. I'd say that it's about as long as a cd (yes, I did just use my dads classy cd to find that out =P) but it's fairly slim. It weighs in at 109g if I remember correctly! It comes in silver, and I’m afraid
that’s the colour you’ve got to stick to, because, unlike Nokia’s, there are no express on covers =( - it's a bit of a girl phone really!! I am the first to admit that this isn’t the most attractive phone on the market!

*The Features*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, now I'll explain why this phone is most suitable for the female business types! It comes jam packed with features that your everyday person isn't likely to use and some that are pretty handy! Like:

- Voice Recording - you can record conversations on the phone or just random stuff you wanna say!!

- Voice Dialing - personally, I feel a bit silly using this! You need to save your numbers to the phone memory before you can use this though - all you do it tell the numbers to switch to the phone memory though so it isnt difficult!

- Tri Band - meaning you can use it virtually anywhere in the world, I'm not sure about how this works but I can imagine it's very useful to someone who works all over the world.

- Internet Access - not the best in the world, not on my network anyway, so I don't use this too often. Good for sending and receiving mail though!

- Predictive Messaging - not as easy to use as the nokia, but it's not too bad if you practice!

- Date Book - you can use this to set yourself reminders so you never forget where you're supposed to be!

- Voice Notes - you have 3 minutes that can either be spent recording messages to yourself or on answering machines messages! This is where recorded conversations are kept.

- Ringtones - the phone comes equipped with 12 ring tones, none of which are very good! There's a composer though and you're able to send yourself one!

- Lines - you can have up to three different lines on the phone with different numbers

- The Screen - it's larger than most and fits 5 lines of text on it. It's lit up blue which contrasts well and makes it easier to see!

- Infra Red - maybe it's just me that doesn't know exactly what this is for! I haven't had chance to test this out yet but I think it can be used to connect to laptops!

- Games - bricks, baccarat and towers of hanoi. No good old snake on here but bricks is good for killing a bit of time!

- EFR - enhanced digital sounds, honestly, you can tell the difference! Phone calls are very clear with this even if you have a low reception.

*The Battery*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3.6V lithium ion battery - I find that battery life is fairly average, it lasts about 2 days with a fair amount of use!

*The Downfalls*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've only actually found two real faults with this phone.
1)It takes ages to load up when you switch it on and searchs for everything for ages!
2)The phone is set to only be on a particular network, but this can be resolved for a fee at a lot of mobile phone shops!

*The Price*
~~~~~~~~~~~
I think that the phone retails at between £150 and £200, but you can get it for about £20 on contract. Personally, I don't know how much mine cost because it was a gift.

I'd reccomend this phone if you want something reliable and if you travel a lot. Personally, I find it to be perfectly adequate if a little swish!

ajmer 31.01.2002 11:10

Nice op but I've been using the T250 for a while and really don't like it much!

jameylidd 22.01.2002 00:37

Im looking for a new phone at the moment, but I dont think I will go with this one I am afraid. I have had bad experiences with Motorola, but maybe they are better now? It seems to me that Nokia and Ericsson phones are the best! Jameylidd

aljones 17.01.2002 10:39

Sounds very decent, though I'd be looking for a much smaller phone. Great review. Cheers. Alan