Review of "Motul Tyre Repair"

published 28/02/2012 | sorehead
Member since : 30/04/2011
Pro So handy to have and easy to use
Cons Nothing
Performance
Ease of Use

"Motul is a Must"

Motul tyre repair is something I carry with me at all times in the boot of the car in case I ever need it. My wife was once caught out with a puncture and was forced to sit at the side of a busy road until I could get to her. She can change a tyre but it would have been far better if she could have used the Motul instead.

This brilliant pressurized can just reinflates tyres which have become punctured really quickly and easiyl without any fuss and allows you to drive on for approxiametly 300 miles before the tyre needs to be replaced or repaired. I think this gives great peace of mind.

The can cost me about £12 and although I may not have to use it for a while again it’s good to know I have it if and when I need it. It is really simple to use and idiot can manage. You just remove whatever it is that has caused the puncture and then make sure the tyre valve is placed at the top. Make sure that the tyre is completely deflated before you use this, shake the can very vigorously and possibly warm it up a bit in your hands especially if the weather is very cold (it was the first time I used this). I then cleaned the screw on the valve and connected the tyre repair connector. I made sure the can was upside down and then I simply depresed s until the whole tyre was inflated.

It’s important to run the car imemdiately after you have doene this though to ensure the tyre is evenly distributed. Not too fast, just about 20 to 30 miles per hour should do it. I actually drove around on this for a few days afterrwards, making sure the pressure was right, of course, and then I had to wait till payday before I could afford to get the tyre fixed in the traditional way.

This is a brilliant little product, so handy and thoroughly recommended. It gives me peace of mind to know that my other half is also able to use it if she needs to. Not too expensive, very simple and easy to use and I’d never be without it.

• Coloneljohn published 10/03/2012