Mozilla Firefox

Mozilla Firefox

Internet Browsers

Review of "Mozilla Firefox"

published 21/11/2008 | blissman70
Member since : 04/09/2006
Thanks everyone for the R/R/Cs, still much appreciated....... Especially thanks for all the E's ... Looks like dooyoo has finally given up the ghost. Not even sending vouchers out now... shame
Pro easy to navigate and simpe to set up
Cons can get sluggish, although blue moons are seen more often

"A safe and simple way to browse"

I have been using this web browser for a while now as my usual browser has started to be a little slow for my speedy lifestyle (LOL), (the tell me that they are upgrading at the moment and I should expect a few problems for a while… what ever that means I don't know…?).

Anyway, I had known about Mozilla Firefox for a while, ( and I'm sure it was under a different name back then..? Something like firefly or firebird…???) but had heard a few naughty things about it… but that was a while ago, so I thought I'd give it a go since I've heard some positive stuff about it quite recently…

* FINDING AND DOWNLOADING

It is easy to download, I got it from www.download.com, but you can simply google it, the result will be the same… then you download it and run the program, taking a few minutes to complete… job done… then all you have to do is personalise it to your own tastes…

* STARTING UP

Once on the 'default' home page, (which to be honest I can't remember what it is as I changed it straight away), the basic layout is simple to understand, quickly allowing you to put in your own homepage with the drag of a mouse.
The entire front page can be changed by clicking on 'tools' and clicking on the options at the bottom of the list… then simply choose how you want firefox to work for you, recommendations are there to keep you safe whilst browsing…

It has a search section in the top right corner, which drops down a few choices for search engines, which you can add to if desired.
Bookmarking is as simple as ever, simply open your desired page and click on bookmark, then click on 'bookmark this page'… choosing a place to put it, or even creating a new file in easier.
On the top left is your slandered browser… 'file, edit, view, history and so on… so these sections need no explanation…
It also allows you to go to your 'most visited' sites during that log in session, which makes life easier all round.
You can either have each Tab showing, which I find is the simplest way to see where you are, or have them hidden,

The entire browser is so easy to manage and very user-friendly indeed, with a very safe and secure feel to it… although, like all browsers there will always be people out there who make it there lifes passion to corrupt others pleasure… but Firefox tend to be quicker off the mark to solve these problems, a lot quicker than some others anyway.

As for browsing… well it couldn't be easier… you could either stay on one Tab by simply adding your search in the search bar, or create a new Tab by right clicking and clicking 'new tab', then input the site you want… this way you have a selection of the sites you want all visible and available at the click of a button, (although I do believe that too many tab open at the same time can, and I emphasise the word can, slow your browser… but as it has never happened to me I can not comment)… but simple isn't it.
Plus it has a brilliant button for recovering recently deleted Tabs, just in case your finger slips.

It has some extra pluses, like allowing you to clean out your cookies
And I have heard that it allows you to pause your downloads and return to them
Carry on with it at a later date… but I have not needed to do this as yet so I can not comment on it.
Another bonus, if you have to keep leaving your PC, is when you do log off it asks you if you want to keep the Tabs that you have been working with, which is a very useful thing in itself as it saves so much time when you want to continue working.

* IN CONCLUSION

What a fine web browser Mozilla Firefox has turned out to be, (considering how it was perceived when she first appeared on the scene.

As I have said… I have been using this rather impressive browser for a while now and comparing it to some others I have used this has to be the easiest and best I have come across, (so far)… I am actually in the process of adding this browser to the PC and laptops at a place I do work for, only there are a few people who, like I was, a little unsure about the safety of it.

It is, IMO, well worth trying at least for a while and I can quite happily say that you will stick with this as your general browser… so go to www.downloads.com and have a look, you've got nothing to lose as it is totally free to download and to use.

• brittle1906 published 24/11/2008
    Good review, Firefox is my favourite browser.
  • kiran8 published 22/11/2008
    Great review! i personally like firefox the best among all the other browsers :)
  • headcase44 published 21/11/2008
    Nicely set out review with information that was interesting... Thanks. J.x