Thank you for all the rates and the comments!
I have been stabbing in the dark a bit on Ciao and have discovered lots of stuff today...like where to see who actually rated your reviews!
I am backtracking and rating back everyone thats rated me.
Members who trust:8
It takes more than just loading pages efficiently
Tons of addons, efficient
can be a bit of a slug
36 Ciao members have rated this review on average:
The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
My opinion would say the Firefox is by far the most superior browser around right now. It takes more than just loading pages efficiently nowadays for a browser to be declared the best one around. Firefox has so many features and so many potential community made add ons that it without a doubt the best browser to surf the net on.
1) Browsing - Firefox might have all these cool features here, there and everywhere but it is it's browsing ability that goes above the call of duty. Firstly there is the Google integrated search feature in the address bar. No longer do you need to go to google to find what your looking for, instead all you have to do is type your search criteria into the address bar and you will be flung to either the page you were looking for all to a Google search page with the results ready for you. For example, say your looking for the official website of Billy Ray Cyrus, just type in "Billy Ray Cyrus Website" into the address bar and you will instantly get taken to the website. Browsing has never been so easy.
2) History - With Firefox 3.5, the user is now able to cover their tracks better than ever. Now the user is given the ability to "stealth browse". What this means is that the user can now browse with absolutely no data being saved into the history and no way for anyone to find out that you've been visiting stampcollectors.com! It's not just that but also the option to delete your history depending on when you want to, now you can delete you past 1-4 hours history as well as the entire days history.
3) Tabs - Now many other browsers use tabs, but Firefox is able to use them much more efficiently. Your able to multitask to the extreme with an unknown amount of tabs being open without your computer blowing up
4) Add-Ons - No browser in the history of the Internet has as many add-ons as Firefox. From the helpful tool that will help slower computers out by blocking all Flash videos until the user allows them to be played to the jovial add on that plays MC Hammers "Stop, Hammer Time" lyric every time the user clicks the stop button.
5) Cons: Firefox seems to get a bit sluggish compared to say, Chrome, but this is bearable for all the other extras!
It's the little things that makes Firefox the best browser out there.
EDIT: this review was written some time ago (a year or so) since then things have changed as other browsers such as Google Chrome try to compete.