Mr Brains Pork Faggots

Mr Brains Pork Faggots

Pork

Review of "Mr Brains Pork Faggots"

published 21/10/2014 | xxfoxyredxx
Member since : 01/10/2006
Reviews : 2005
Am currently popping loads of reviews on here from Dooyoo before that site crashes out completely! Happy to read and rate reviews as always....Christmas is a coming for all us all too soon eh! x Melanie x
Pro Everything
Cons None
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Yummy faggots!"

One thing that I love is faggots ....well to be more precise these Mr Brains Faggots. They're always been a favourite food of mine and although I like faggots they are the only brand I will eat and I don't even like the ones from the butchers as I find them very dry and prefer them cooked in gravy.

The Packaging:

They come in a bright yellow box with a photograph of the faggots on the front and the back of the box and we are told of course that they are Mr Brain's 4 Pork Faggots and that they are Rich and Tasty In A West County Sauce 'A firm family favourite since 1925' and then on the other sides of the box we are told a little bit about the product and the ingredients used are listed, there is a full nutritional chart stated as well as heating guidelines, the weight is also given which is 478g in my case as they are a box of 4 and contact details for the manufacturer are also given. The faggots come in a silver foil tray with cardboard over and all in all this is decent quality packaging and not too much of it!

The Faggots:

Well these are best cooked from frozen and you can either oven cook them in the tray they come in which takes between 45-50 minutes or microwave them in a microwavable dish which takes about 13 minutes and me I've cooked them both ways and I can't taste any difference so nowadays I simply microwave them for quickness.

What you get is four rather large, thick and round faggots which are made from pork and onions in the main and come in a nice thickish light brown gravy. The faggots are soft and rather mushy, taste of pork and are rather well seasoned with lots of slithers of onions in them and a small flavour of sage.

These are easy to cook, lovely to eat and come with plenty of the richly flavoured gravy which I appreciate. They don't taste greasy though do contain lard and pork fat as well as a few other things but for me, well they make up a quick meal and at about a £1.00 for a box of four of them they are rather economical as well. They contain 280kcals and 5.5g saturated fat so they pretty high in the fat steaks but ok as an occasional meal for me!

This review is also posted on Dooyoo under this same username.

• AnneLorraine1 published 22/10/2014
    vh
  • euphie published 22/10/2014
    vh :o)
  • LiveMusicLoverLyn published 22/10/2014
    Love these, but they are salt high for me.