Review of "Mudd Peel Off Mask"

published 06/10/2001 | java
Member since : 02/10/2000
Pro Solved my shaving problem
Cons The sticky feeling you experience when it is drying

"I feel like such a sissy"

This is going to seem very strange that a 20 year old lad is writing an opinion on a face mask but firstly i must come to my defence and explain how i come to discover this product.

When it comes to shaving my skin is the worst for sensitivity. The blade scrapes off what seems to be a layer of skin every time i shave. After i rinse the foam off my face i am left with bits of dry skin cells all over my face. Using a moisturiser solved the problem in the short term but tomorrow the same would happen again. So my sister suggested that i use this product as i could help with my problem skin, and boy does it work!!

What is it?

The one i use is a sticky-like substance which comes in a squeezable tube and contains fruit AHAs and ginseng extracts.

How is it used?

You squeeze a small amount on your fingertips and apply all over your face avoiding the eye and mouth areas. Your face will feel quite sticky at first and as the gel dries on your skin you face will feel quite tight. You are to leave the product to dry for around 15 minutes and then starting from your cheek, pull the mask away slowly. It's a nice, tingly feeling that you'll experience when doing this. After you've pulled the entire mask off, rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.

What are the benefits?

For me, the biggest benefit was that i no longer have those dead skin cells after shaving which is a blessing and i can't belive how well it worked even after the first time. My skin also feels really soft and smooth and my face actually glows healthily for a good few hours after application. It gives your skin a nice, clean, pure feeling which feels great. It also removes any blackheads you have and prevents spots so it's ideal for teenagers to use. After using you may experience a pink glow to your skin which is nothing to worry about, it's just the circulation to your face that you should always be having.

How often do i use it?

It's recommended that you use the product 2 times a week to keep your skin soft and healthy looking and you can take my word for it that this product delivers what it promises.

It costs around £5.00 - £7.00 from high street stores but i got mine from Halfpriceorless.com for £1.99. If you use the product as often as recommended then the 75g tube will last you a good 2 months which works out excellent value for money.

I couldn't rate this product highly enough as it has solved a quite embarrassing problem for me. If you are a person who likes to take care of your skin (and who isn't?) or give yourslef the occasional pampering session then you should buy this product next time you're out shopping and experience it for yourself and if it works for you as well as it did for me then you'll be glad you bought it.

This review was read 2082 times and was rated at

• mark_allen71 published 25/08/2004
    Hey....U don't have to justify it to me...I have been using facepacks for ages.....(shhhhh) - by the way Erasure have announced a tour for next year...Mark
  • Barb published 11/10/2001
    I admire your courage in writing this opinion and admitting using what's normally classed as "girlie stuff". Good for you, it's about time men stopped their pride from making them miss out on a bit of pampering! Barbara
  • moose published 09/10/2001
    Excellent opinion - I like challenging guys to write ops on face masks - it was a challenge with Danradders (who came through with flying colours!) and now I have challenged BJEEE! Have you tried Lush's Mask of Magnaminty - bet you would love it!