Muller Crunch Corner Raspberry Pavlova

Muller Crunch Corner Raspberry Pavlova

Flavoured

Review of "Muller Crunch Corner Raspberry Pavlova"

published 16/12/2003 | maidstone_fox
Member since : 14/11/2003
Pro Ideal snack or dessert if eating alone
Cons Sweet and addictive!
Smell
Product Quality

"Never knew raspberrys could taste so good!"

I'd like to start this review as I start any food review; by getting the boring but necessarys out of the way first!

Right. The yoghurt is described as a 'meringue flavoured yoghurt layered over a thick raspberry sauce with a separate serving of White Chocolate flavour coated Meringue & crisped rice pieces.'

The vital statistics (nutritional information):

per 100g:

Energy 646kj (153kcal)
Protein 3.4g
Carbohydrate 24.4g
Fat 4.7g
Calcium 101mg

The yoghurts could contain nuts or nut derivatives but do not contain any added artificial colours of preservatives.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Okay! These delightful yoghurts come in 150g servings and are part of a range of many different flavours. There are fruit corners, crumble corners and many other types, all of which have one larger segment which contains delicious yoghurt and one smaller section filled with something else which you can add to the yoghurt.

In this case; the Raspberry Pavlova yoghurt from the Muller Corner Dessert range, the yoghurt is a creamy meringue flavour with thick, sweet raspberry sauce hiding beneath. The extra are white chocolate covered crispy rice pieces.

This yoghurt is delicious! I like to immediately mix the yoghurt and sauce together and spoon in the rice pieces as well, mixing it all up in to a bit of a mess to be honest. The taste and smell though are divine.

I am a student and these yoghurts are ideal for a dessert when eating alone (which I often do *sob sob*) or as a great snack during the day. The sweetness really does supply you with a burst of energy and the size of the portions is just right. None of the flavours are overpowering, they all combine and complement each other to give a fabulous flavour! Just like a raspberry pavlova!

I was introduced to these yoghurts when shoping at my local co-op. They seem to stock the WHOLE range but these jumped to my attention as I have a sweet tooth and they were priced at special offer of 3 for 99pence. There are other flavours in the Muller Corner Dessert range including Strawberry Cheesecake, Lemon Cheesecake, Rhubarb Crumble, Strawberry Crumble, Mississipi Mud Pie and a Toffee flavoured one. Whilst they are all nice, the raspberry pavlova and strawberry crumble ones are best in my opinion.

Normally these yoghurts retail at close to 40pence each and their availability is very good. You should be able to find them at any supermarket regardless of size as they are leaders in the yoghurt sector it seems!

So, to conclude, these yoghurts aren't too bad for you, supply roughly 18% of your RDA of calcium, are ideal as a snack or dessert and taste great. This yoghurt and others in the Dessert range are especially good for those of us with a sweet tooth.

Let me assure you, my girlfriend and I are addicted to these raspberry pavlova yoghurts and if you're not careful - you could be too!

• Bollinger28 published 19/04/2004
    Sounds rather yummy - good review. Thanks Lexy
  • BawBaw published 15/02/2004
    Yum! I'm the Raspberry Monster! (as opposed to the Cookie Monster) I've rarely met a raspberry I didn't like.
  • 3min_man published 12/02/2004
    I like meringue as much as I do John Prescott- ZILCHo! Though the mix of raspberry and meringue flavours sound quite refreshing and appealing! Gavvy