Multiple Streams of Income - Robert G. Allen

Multiple Streams of Income - Robert G. Allen

Review of "Multiple Streams of Income - Robert G. Allen"

published 20/04/2005 | francophile01
Member since : 08/04/2005
Pro Exciting, packed with money making, money saving ideas.
Cons One or two of the ideas seem mainly suited to US residents
Type of Book
Quality of Text
Interesting/Absorbing?
Logical Layout?

"A compendium of powerful money making ideas."

I own my copy of Multiple streams of income in the form of an audio program from Nightingale Conant. So, before I get into the grist of this review, I would like to say a few words about them.

The Nightingale Conant Corporation publishes self help, self improvement programs on CD and audio cassette which integrate: - Success, psychology, finance, spirituality, health and business. They publish books by famous authors such as Jose Silva, Robert Allen Sidney Friedman, Steven K. Scott, Robert T. Kiyosaki, Author of Rich Dad Poor Dad etc.

Their courses are used by both individuals and corporations, to provide coaching in success. In many cases they let you have their courses for 30 days free on approval, and I find them an excellent company to do business with.

Robert G. Allen

Robert Allen is author of Nothing Down, and Multiple Streams of Income, and co author of The One Minute Millionaire co authored by Mark Victor Hansen. He set himself the challenge, drop him off anywhere. Take away all his money and credit cards, except a few Dollars for subsistence, and he will quickly start a successful business. Also, take anyone off the dole queue, and he'd turn them into successful entrepreneurs, and he has made good on both these challenges, which were documented in the press (in the US).

Multiple Streams of Income

When my copy arrived, it came in a nice smart plastic case with 8 audio cassettes and a booklet, and inset into the front cover of the case is a summary of the contents of each tape. I eagerly put the first cassette into the machine and listened to it. Robert Allen has an infectious style of speaking which stirs your enthusiasm, and makes you feel you can do it!

I was so enthusiastic about this course that I listened to it everywhere, in bed, on the bus, on the train, you name it! This course is packed with money making, money saving ideas. Making money from property with nothing down, making money from the Internet, or from licensing information, from tax lien certificates. There is simply too much for me to list everything here.

In Multiple Streams of Income Mr. Allen postulates that one source of income is no longer enough. Most families have at least two. But even that's not enough in the present day. You need at least, sufficient streams of income, such that if one is taken away from you, you can easily fall back on the others.

He also postulates that simply working for an employer is never enough if you want to prosper. If you are employed, he goes on. You want a piece of the action. In order to do this you must become an intraprenneur, meaning that you work from within an organisation. That is to say, if you have something, an inovation to offer your employer which will boost sales say. You want to negotiate for yourself a cut of the increased profits you will be bringing in.

He also states that you need to save and make your money work hard for you and he describes the Dollar a day rout to becoming a millionaire. He advocates that you should have a certain amount of money each month deducted from your pay check and swept into a building society or mutual fund, before you even see it.

In his book Robert Allen describes the MONEY TREE acronym. Where:

M stands for Multiple Streams of Income
O = Outstanding Product,
N = Nothing (or almost nothing) Down,
E = Employee Resistant (you want to avoid taking on employees if at all possible),
Y = Yield,

T = Trend ( your business must follow the trend),
R = Residual (do the work once and get paid many times),
E = Essential to Everyone Everyday, and finally
E = Enthusiasm.

All in all I have to say this was an excellent course. However, I have to admit that I have certain reservations about Nothing Down Real Estate deals, as this information applies to the property market in America, and may me considered cranky or even illegal in the United Kingdom. Tax lien certificates that allow you to invest money at high interest by paying someone's property taxes seems like a veritable gold mine. But they are only available in the states. UK Citizens can buy them. But I wonder what I'd do if I were to become landed with a property in America, because the property owner defaulted on the payments.

I certainly would recommend this book/course. Apart from those obvious drawbacks, I will put into practice what I have learnt. My best starting point is to start saving and avoid debt. That is something I can do straight away, and then work out a strategy, on how I can put some of his other ideas to work. Enjoy!

P.S./
My copy of the course included a bonus cassette all about MLM.

MLM or Network marketing as it is sometimes known, has attracted a bad reputation because people associate it with pyramid selling of the 60s and 70s. Where you had to buy and stock up your garage with goods you ended up being unable to sell.

Robert Allen shows you that the 4th generation of network marketing is nothing like that. That with the right product and a very supportive sponsor and upline, and a good compensation plan. You can make a lucrative stream of income

He coaches you in how to look for the right scheme for you. What questions to ask from your prospective sponsor. Network marketing has been around for a long time. But I think it has yet to take off in the united kingdom. Nevertheless now could be the best time to think about getting involved. Because the full potential of this market is yet to be fully exploited in the UK.

• helencbradshaw published 20/04/2005
    MLM sounds like Pyramid selling by another name, especially if you want a decent income. I understand how it can work with decent health care products as a supplementary income to genuine customer requests (but not that company whose name escapes me, but who rewards its members for recruiting new agents rather than dietary advice) Helen
  • leighton_87 published 20/04/2005
    Sounds like a helpful book.good review - Andrew
  • funkyjo published 20/04/2005
    hello and a belated welcome to ciao. Good review there. Jo x x

Product Information : Multiple Streams of Income - Robert G. Allen