Munchkin Corner Bath Organizer

Review of "Munchkin Corner Bath Organizer"

published 24/05/2016 | Katierhiain
Member since : 20/05/2016
Pro Neoprene material, sufficient drainage, mildew resistance, brightly coloured,
Cons Not the cheapest on the market
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"Reclaiming my bathroom"

Munchkin Corner Bath Organizer

Since having my daughter, this product was a much needed item in our household. With toys sprawled out all over the floor, we needed to bring some order back into our bathroom.

Price and availability

I purchased this item from Asda for around £9. Although, looking around I have found it cheaper from a variety of other places. Amazon, for example, sell it for £6.18 with free delivery, whereas Superdrug sell it for £5.99 which also gains you 5 points if you use a beauty card.

At first glance

When I purchased this, I was specifically shopping for some form of storage for my daughters toys. In comparison to other organisers, this one really stood out. Most of the others I found were simple nets, with nothing special going for them, but this one was far more attractive. There were two available colours, blue with a green trim, or pink with a green trim. I opted for the pink version, but both were visually attractive and vibrant. I noticed a circular section on the front of the organiser was net, which left me confident that no water would gather at the bottom, unable to drain. Having a very small bathroom, I thought this was a highly appropriate item for me due to it being a corner organiser. I could fit it snugly into the corner of the bathroom, where it would be neat and out of the way.
The organiser

The organiser I purchased was pink with a green trim, although a blue version is also available if you'd prefer. Approximately 18cm high, 38cm wide and 28cm deep, it is an organiser that offers a large amount of space for toys. Mine currently contains a bath book, 6 squirties, a munchkins ball (a toy from the same range, that my daughter loves) and a long stack of bath cups. The organiser folds flat, but opens up into a triangular shape with three sides. One of these sides is the front part, the other two each have two suction cups (so a total of four suction cups), that are used to effectively attach the product to the wall. In order to do this, the suction cups need to be wet first. I have had this product for a few months now and it has yet to come away from the wall, it is strongly attached.The munchkins corner bath organiser is composed of neoprene material, which is resistant to oil and heat, whilst also maintaining fast drying properties and a resistance to mildew, A circular netted area on the front also ensures that your babies toys may be air dried, also preventing water from collecting at the base of the organiser. A small hole in the bottom corner of the product reinforces this, maximising drainage. The fabric is soft, thick and spongy, which I have found to be highly absorbent.
Cleaning and storage

Due to the nature of the material this product is made from, it doesn't necessarily need to be cleaned. It is protected against water pooling, oil and mildew. An occasional rinse with clean, warm water should be sufficient enough. Soap free water can also be used to clean the suction cups, from my experience they are very easy to wipe clean, taking only seconds. In terms of storage, they are well out of the way adhered to the corner of your bathroom, but in case you wish to remove the product for whatever reason it should be easy enough to store. The material is very flexible, so can be folded upwards. Despite being a corner organiser, it is still possible to flatten it for storage.
Packaging

The product is presented in a cardboard box, which can be recycled. The box is brightly coloured, giving it a cheerful appearance, with a photograph of the product printed largely on the front. The munchkin brand name is printed above the photograph, in multicoloured letters. There is an array of useful information printed over the whole box, in brightly coloured boxes or other cheerfully presented ways. On the center of the box, on the right side, there is a small hole that allows you to see and feel the fabric of the organiser.
Conclusion

This organiser has allowed me to enter my bathroom - without nearly jumping out of my skin because I've stood on a squeaky duck. It is a visually attractive product that fits neatly in the corner of the room, requiring minimum space and providing a large amount of storage for all those bath toys. I paid £9 for this organiser, which may be slightly more expensive than other fabric organisers, but it is amazing value for money. A product I highly recommend and prefer over any other organiser I've ever come across, it has so many valuable features and just looks great. So, if you have a little one then I definitely recommend this for your consideration.

• euphie published 12/06/2016