Munchkin Corner Bath Organizer

Review of "Munchkin Corner Bath Organizer"

published 10/09/2016 | snow_drops
Member since : 20/07/2016
Just had my little boy, so you won't see me around Ciao as much as usual for the next wee while :)
Satisfactory
Pro looks neat abd tidy, nice colour combinationsm holds a lot of toys, easy to fit
Cons doens't drain enough so develops mould or mildew
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"Munchkin Corner Bath Organiser - looks tidy but drains poorly"

Munchkin Corner Bath Organiser

Price: From £6 to £9
Availability: Asda, Amazon, Jojo Maman Bebe
Suitable: for use in the bath (this is not a toy), 6 months plus
Offers: on offer in Asda for £6
Size: 24.5cm x 5.2cm x 15.5cm

Appearance

This Munchkin bath toy organiser is made of neoprene, so feels a bit like a wetsuit, and has a mesh panel in the centre. It is triangular shaped, with four suckers on the back so it sticks to your bath, nestled in the corner. In my opinion, it looks neat as it’s tucked away in the corner, and keeps all the bath toys out of the way. It’s available in blue and green or pink and green colour combinations.

Use

The bath organiser is easy to stick to the bath, and takes a surprising amount of bath toys inside. If it falls in the bath, it doesn’t matter as the material should dry easily. I always make sure bath toys are properly drained of water before putting them away, for hygiene reasons. If you don’t drain the bath toys properly, then water residue collects at the bottom of the organiser and it becomes mouldy.

Safety

This feels like a safe piece of equipment, but I’ve always kept it out of my daughter’s reach, especially when she was a baby and was more likely to put things in her mouth.

Ease of Cleaning

This is where I was disappointed by the Munchkin Bath Organiser. On the Munchkin website, it claims that the material is “mildew-resistant”, but I’ve not found this to be true. As I said, I always make sure bath toys are properly drained as I know water residue can lead to harmful mould and mildew. Despite this, and our bathroom being ventilated, our Munchkin Bath Organiser got very damp at the bottom and developed mouldy spots – please see pictures.

I’ve tried washing by hand and in the washing machine, but the marks cannot be removed. I can’t find any washing instructions on the Munchkin website, unfortunately.

I think this would dry and drain better if the bottom part was mesh instead – that would allow the water to drain more easily.

Overall

I really like the appearance of this bath organiser, and the amount of toys it can hold, but was very disappointed that it became so marked by mildew and mould. I have purchased an alternative bath organiser now (a mesh one) which appears to drain and dry more effectively.

• bettyboo47 published 12/09/2016
    yuk,, you dont need a permanant puddle of water going slimy and balck!!
  • Secre published 12/09/2016