MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate

MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate

Review of "MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate"

published 10/11/2010 | SamBarry1
Member since : 10/11/2010
Pro Good taste, good results, excellent delivery and excellent price.
Cons Packaging isn't up to scratch and can get slightly frothy.
Effectiveness
Price level
Duration of treatment

"Myprotein, Mynewchoice."

After using Maximuscle Promax for about 3 months I decided that I couldn't keep up with the cost of using it. Because of this I searched for what was a cheaper alternative to Promax which still had a quality protein percentage and was not a cheap, high fat, high sugar milkshake. After all, the point of these is to substitute training, not be a nice tasty snack with no real nutritional benefit.

I decided on Myprotein Whey Protein Isolate as my substitute because of the 90% protein value and also because it wouldn't break the bank, being expensive enough to try and ensure that it is not a disappointment. And so, I bought a 2.5kg bag which lasted me two months and I can happily say that I was not left feeling like I had wasted my money. This stuff is bloody good for price, easily as good as Promax at a fraction of the price. You get 27.9g from a 32g serving and very little fat and carbohydrate making it ideal as a mid-morning shake or an hour before bed.

The taste is good, banana being my favourite, and the mixability is on the same par as other products of a similar type, Promax, Reflex Whey etc. The only problem I did find was with the 'strawberry cream' version as this seemed to froth a lot, however I have not found this with the others. It is easily neckable and for once, it is a shake that you can drink in parts and not just down the whole lot in one go for fear of it reaching the taste buds.

The packaging is one of the only let downs of this product as it is in a bag that unless you are very careful opening it, re-fastening it using the seal is difficult to say the least. The packaging and presentation is not as good as the pots used for Maximuscle products. However if this saving on packaging brings the price down to £14.99 for 30 servings then I can deal with this and I urge you to also consider it before you buy one of the mass marketed American brands. The packaging does still keep it fresh and because of the fact it is in a bag, makes it easy to put into a holdall.

I used this for about 8 weeks solidly and saw improvements that were on the same level with that of Promax. Obviously, the expected gains were never going to be hugely more because when it comes to it, protein is protein, as long as you are getting a similar grade then it will yield similar results. I wanted to see if a cheaper product (such as Myprotein Whey Isolate) could yield similar results and that it did well. I put 7 pounds of muscle on and felt much stronger in myself after using this product.

The delivery (as I have now come to expect from Myprotein) was absolutely excellent. I always opt for the cheap option (£2.95 via Hermes) as it always gets to me within 2 days which I think is exceptional. True it's not as impressive as Maximuscle's free delivery but with the savings you make from Myprotein, £2.95 for it delivered to your door is easily acceptable.

Overall this is a product that does everything a protein shake should do well and doesn't cost the earth. I am thoroughly impressed with Myprotein's offering to the protein isolate market and will continue to be buying with Myprotein for a long time.

I urge anyone who doesn't want the cost of more exclusive proteins to look at this and at least try a 1kg for £14.99 to see just what it is like, I can assure you that you won't be disappointed.

Any questions welcome.

• dave1418 published 07/12/2010
    Too specific. Talked too much about 1 product and just compared prices with maximuscle all the time. Sorry
  • mum2boys82 published 01/12/2010
    Not something I would ever use, but a great first review! Rebecca Xx
  • RICHADA published 11/11/2010
    Not a product that I'm interested in buying, but a good review - a VERY good first review! Welcome to Ciao. R.

Product Information : MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate

Our Impact Whey Isolate is an extremely rich source of whey protein derived from vegetarian sweet cheese whey sourced entirely from European milk. Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) is the ultimate form of whey protein, containing over 90% protein with very little fat or lactose. Having the highest Biological Value (BV) of any known protein Whey Protein contains high levels of both essential and non-essential Amino Acids. In the manufacture of our Impact Whey Isolate we use Cross-Flow Micro-filtration, a delicate process, which uses filters to separate protein from fat, cholesterol and lactose based on molecular size and weight. Traceability is a key part of our quality monitoring process and to aid this process we work with dedicated European whey suppliers so that we are able control the supply of whey right back to the source. You think our prices are too cheap, so therefore they must be an inferior product? Please take a moment to look at our independent UK test results for our Impact Whey Isolate. In more detail Impact Whey Isolate provides over 90g of protein per 100g on a dry matter basis, is low in fat and lactose and rich in calcium. Our production methods help to preserve the biological activity of the whey protein ensuring all the immune-boosting components remain intact. The protein fractions are: 47% Beta lactoglobulin, 17% Alpha lactalbumin, 1.5% Bovine serum albumin [What is this?], 2% Immunoglobulin G, 0.5% Lactoferrin, 27% Glycomacropeptide. This product is GM free. The cholesterol content of Impact Isolate is 0.002%. Do you want to see the amino acid profile for Impact Whey Isolate? 1 x level MP Plastic Scoop (large) weighs 25g. (not included)

Type for Subname: Vitamins & Supplements