My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Kanye West

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Kanye West

1, 2 CD(s) - Rap - Label: Def Jam - Distributor: Universal Music - Released: 22/11/2010 - 602527578910, 602527544618

Review of "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Kanye West"

published 17/08/2011 | Ruby.xo
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro great tracks
Cons a couple of weak links
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Beautiful Album"

'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Kanye West's sixth studio album. His previous albums include 'Graduation' and 'The College Dropout', two albums of which I also absolutely adore. This one was released in November 2010 and went to number one in the album charts in America practically straight away. The four main singles, "Power", "Monster", "Runaway", and "All of the Lights" also went straight to the top of the charts. The main genre of this album is hiphop.

The tracks on this album are:

1. Dark Fantasy
9. Hell of a life
10. Blame Game
11. Lost in the world
12. Who Will Survive in America

My favourite song on this album is definitely 'Runaway'. It starts with a piano being tapped one key at a time, which sounds haunting on its own and sends a chill down your spine. Then the music kicks in, and the chorus follows that. Ifind this song really catchy and I keep listening to this one on repeat, I can't get enough of it. Kanye sings most of this one. He is a rapper and not really a proper singer but I still think he sounds great when he sings in this. I like the sound of his voice when he raps in this, too. This has a sad, despairing feel to it but I still love it.

I personally feel that this album is very original. I haven't always thought of Kanye West as being a unique artist; before I listened to his songs properly I thought he was just like all the other rappers out there. But when I gave them the chance I became a huge fan of his material. Personally I think he is much better than other rappers. He raps with emphasis and I really like the sound of his voice. It won't be to everyone's taste but I really like it.

The lyrics in Kanye's songs seem sort of like poetry. I enjoy listening to what he is saying. He is definitely what I would call an artist and not just a rapper. I should probably warn you his lyrics are pretty explicit though.

There are some weak tracks, I love the soft chorus in 'Blame Game', but the end of that song gets on your nerves after listening to it a few times, as it is a bit repetitive.

Overall I love this album and would definitely recommend it to any fans of Kanye West or just hip hop or rap as a whole.

• IzzyInTheHouse published 20/08/2011
    As below, not really much info included here.
  • catsholiday published 17/08/2011
    I am really not into rap and what you have said has not changed my feelings.
  • HarryKgh published 17/08/2011
    Doesn't give me a feel for the album at all.