My First Ready Bed

My First Ready Bed

Cot / Cot Bed

Review of "My First Ready Bed"

published 01/10/2006 | kat_pond
Member since : 24/10/2003
Desperate Housewife
Pro compact, easy to set up and put down, comfortable
Cons expensive
Mattress Base
Ease of cleaning
Cot Sides
Teething Rails

"space saving fun little travel bed"

I won our My First Ready Bed in a competition so didn't actualy buy it. New cost is approx £35. It's not something I would have thought of purchasing but would recommend now. However I still think it is overpriced new. We have the Noddy Ready Bed. It basically comprises a small blow up bed with a cover that goes over the top. The bed comes with it's own foot pump and is very easy to put up. It does only take a few minutes but there is some work involved in the pumping and you may prefer to use your hand rather than your foot as I found my foot keeps slipping off the pump. The bed includes a headrest and has side bumpers for extra security. One of the things I don't really like about the bed is that the bed "cover" is partially attached to the bed on one side a bit like a sleeping bag. It's not really a sufficient blanket for a good nights sleep and cannot be removed. I wish they had made it detachable. My son prefers to sleep with his own duvet on top. I also think the attached sheet is quite restrictive. My son is nearly five and he won't fit in this bed for much longer. I'm hoping my daughter who is nearly two can inherit it. If you are deciding to purchase one and your son/daughter is over 4 years old, I would consider getting the next sized one. The dimensions of this one are height 30cm x width 71cm x length 125cm inflated.

My son tells me the bed is comfortable but has only slept all night in it on a handful of occasions. I think it's too small for him and he can't roll around much in it. Once the novelty had worn off he didn't want to sleep in it anymore. I haven't attempted to wash the cover yet but I imagine it would be very easy to do (the fabric is 20% cotton/80% polyester). However, it's still a very handy item to have. It's ideal for stay overs at nanny's house and to have a spare bed for sleepovers. The bed folds up very small and comes with it's own carry bag which fits the pump in as well. Altogether a small, lightweight bed for travelling with.

• ldvda published 15/10/2006
    I have something similar to this and is great when my little girl stays at her grandparents or aunts and uncels. V x x
  • kat_pond published 01/10/2006
    Good point LuckyPip. I have edited it now.
  • LuckyPip published 01/10/2006
    That certainly looks like very a useful thing to have for when you have kids sleeping over - you could well have added the prices for these things, especially after you mentioned that they're expensive