My Resolutions

My Resolutions

Review of "My Resolutions"

published 31/12/2008 | Raghavendran
Member since : 22/12/2008
Pro Self Improvement, Develops goodhabit
Cons Focus on taking resolution than achieving it

"New Year Resolutions - Do we really need it ?"

First of all a very happy New year wishes to all the Helium article writers, members and readers. Another new year is going to bloom and When ever my friends say the name "New year resolution" I wonder how ridiculous they are. The main point is that the people have started to think that its absolutely important to take resolutions so that they can improve themselves. They have made it a custom to take resolution every year. But the fact is that they give more importance to taking resolutions rather than focusing on their goal.

Addiction to Resolution
The point I always wonder is why they are waiting for the dawn of the New Year to start working towards their goals. I have seen many of my friends who have taken New Year resolutions and forget that with in a couple of days. My kind suggestion for them is that no one is forcing you to take resolution for the New Year so why to cheat both your conscience and others around you.

Be Yourself and enjoy Life
My best advice for them to avoid feeling guilty is to " Be Yourself ". Don't change your habit for others sake unless otherwise you feel that you should change a particular habit for your self improvement. Once decided, be aware that all days are good days and you can start working from today itself for that resolution. No need to wait till the birth of New Year.

Steps to Success
One of the major reasons that majority of the new year resolutions fail is because of the lack of strong will to proceed towards goal after certain draw backs. Also planning and organization plays a major roll to reach the success of your mission.

Plan your Path
First decide what is the resolution you are going to take for improvement. Then set a time frame for your self to finish the task. With out dead line no one is going to finish the job at hand. Then prepare a plan about how you are going to proceed. Organization plays a vital part in any process. Be clear about what you are doing though others abuse you. Review yourself frequently whether you are proceeding in the correct direction.

Overcome obstacles
You can be damn sure there are lots and lots of obstacles in your path to success. Develop the habit of perseverance. Don't give up under any circumstance. If you follow these you will definitely succeed.

Resolutions - Take it any time
You may wonder why I'm describing the ways to get success in resolutions after attacking it initially. One should understand that I always agree that resolutions are good but we don't need to wait till the the start of new year to implement it.

Product Information : My Resolutions