NYX Cosmetics Matte Blotting Paper

NYX Cosmetics Matte Blotting Paper

Review of "NYX Cosmetics Matte Blotting Paper"

published 02/06/2016 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro reasonable price, absorbs excess oil, matte finish
Cons nothing I can think of
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"Absorbing Excess Oil and Making My Face Look Less Shiny"

= = = = = =
The Product
= = = = = =
I quite often like to have a small pack of blotting paper on me to stop my face from looking shiny/oily. During the summer and warmer times of the year I find that my face can look slightly more oily than normal so I like to carry some blotting paper around with me. Blotting paper isn't a thing that I find very easy to find in terms of purchasing it. I have been buying a lot of NYX products lately and saw that they had various different packs of blotting paper and they were very reasonably price so I thought I would get a pack to see what they were like. This blotting paper claims to take away shine leaving your skin looking matte. The paper comes in a little cardboard envelope which is black in colour and it clearly states on the front what the product is and the brand name. On the back it shows you diagrams and tells you how to use it; although this is pretty self explanatory. There are a total of 50 sheets of 100% pulp paper inside the envelope. The envelope which holds the blotting paper is quite thin so can easily fit into a small bag whether it’s a make up bag or handbag and it would probably fit into a clutch bag as well.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
I purchased the blotting paper from my local Boots store for £3.50. You can also purchase this from the boots website (www.boots.com). NYX also do Green Tea Blotting Paper and a few others too.

= = = = = = = = =
Using the Product
= = = = = = = = =
To use the product simply remove one sheet of the blotting paper and then blot any area with the blotting paper. I normally have to use the blotting paper on areas such the centre of the forehead, chin and sometimes on the cheek bones as well. I find that one sheet is normally enough to blot these different areas of my face once. The blotting paper is very thin and light and after using it on oily areas the excess oil does seem to soak up into the paper. I can see the oil on the blotting paper after using it on my face. After using the blotting paper the areas of my face no longer look oily and my make up will once again have a matte appearance. Unlike some blotting paper, these don't have lots of powder on them so your make-up will still look good even after using them a few times. After you have removed a sheet of blotting paper from the packaging you can tuck the lid into the bottom half of the envelope to keep the blotting paper protected when in your bag.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = =
I have used a few different brands of blotting paper before and I have to say that I think this particular blotting paper is the best brand that I have used so far. I like that NYX have a few different blotting papers to choose from such as the Tea Tree blotting paper and I have seen some more in their cosmetics section in my local Boots as well. I only really to use the blotting paper in warmer weather when my face can look and feel a little oily, so I use the paper to take the shine and excess oil off my face. The blotting paper is easy to remove from the packaging and it's really easy to use as well. Although when I use the blotting paper my face doesn't look to oily it's surprising after looking at the blotting paper how much excess oil the paper actually removes. The blotting paper is kind to my skin and hasn't yet caused any problems and I have used quite a few sheets of the blotting paper now. I would probably say that the blotting papers probably help to keep your skin spot free due to it absorbing excess oils. In terms of value I think these are very reasonably priced and I will definitely be purchasing some more again when I have run out which I don't think will be for a little while as the sun seems to have disappeared. If you regularly use blotting paper or like your face to look less oily/shiny then I would recommend these.

• snow_drops published 26/08/2016