N-Dubz Against All Odds: From Street Life To Chart Life - N-Dubz

N-Dubz Against All Odds: From Street Life To Chart Life - N-Dubz

The Voice of Youth N-Dubz are easily as culturally significany now as any guitar band you care to name.', NME. 'Britain's No. 1 band.', The Sun

Review of "N-Dubz Against All Odds: From Street Life To Chart Life - N-Dubz"

published 07/02/2012 | xdonzx
Member since : 25/05/2007
Pro Fans will like it! Interesting!
Cons Nothing major!
Degree of Information
How easy was it to read / get information from
How interesting was the book?
How useful was it?
Would you read it again?

"~* Trust Me It Will Only Get Better! * ~"

N Dubz - From Street Life To Chat Life

From Street Life To Chart Life is the autobiography from British Urban group N-Dubz. The book was released in the United Kingdom in 2010. The book is currently available to buy from Amazon for a price of £9.89 which I think is quite expensive considering that the book was released almost two years ago. I have actually wanted it for a while although wasn’t willing to pay the price tag for it. I managed to get my copy for just £2.49 from W H Smith a couple of weeks back!

I have just finished reading this book and I have to say, I feel so inspired. This book is such an inspiring read - it makes you feel that you can achieve anything. In this book, N Dubz tell us that if we are determined to do something and put in the hard work, our dreams will come true!

Whilst this makes a great fan-read, a lot of this book seems to be aimed at kids / teenagers who grew up in the same environment as the band (surrounded by knife crime, drugs and gangs) - a lot of what they talk about in this book involve those subjects.

The book is split into sections - so Tulisa will have a chapter and then Fazer will have a chapter and then Dappy will have a chapter. I liked this because I felt I got to know them more personally, as well as the fact that it allowed them each to have their say.

I learnt a lot about N-Dubz, and not just as a band but the members as individuals too. For example, I didn’t know that Tulisa was deeply religious. They are very real.

I love how outspoken they are; if they don’t like something, then they will tell you. They weren’t afraid to slag people off in this book which I thought made a great story. I thought that part where Dappy slags off the X Factor etc saying how it annoys them…and then fast forward a couple of years since this book was released and Tulisa’s one of the judges.

N Dubz come across as being so normal - they certainly don’t take their fame for granted and you can tell that they really appreciate everything. They certainly deserve all this success - they have worked very hard to get where they are today. There is nothing fake about them whatsoever, and it is so nice to see ‘real’ and ‘honest’ celebrities.

In this book, N Dubz do hand out quite a bit of advice. Although, no disrespect to N-Dubz, but a lot of their advice seems a bit like…well common sense. For example they say things like ‘don’t touch knives or you’ll get in trouble’ and ‘respect the police’.

The book was quite emotional in some places - especially the parts about the death of Dappy’s Dad and how Tulisa got bullied when she was younger. I found that the book was full of emotion in parts and whatever they were feeling, I felt that I was feeling it too.

The book is packed full of photographs - a lot of them are of them when they were younger. These were interesting. There were hardly any ‘professional photos’, they were mostly personal ones or ones taken by fans which I thought was nice and let you see what was really ‘going on’.

I really enjoyed this book and have to say that I am an even bigger N-Dubz fan that I was before.

Thanks for reading!
January 2012
Xdonzx / xd-o-n-z-x

• Walowiz published 28/02/2012
    not my sort of book, but brill review x
  • Jake_Speed published 13/02/2012
    Top banana!
  • blissman70 published 10/02/2012
    nice review although not for me. i think it's down to the fact that i find that one who always wear silly hats, (dappy i think his name is) comes across as a complete prat. trying a little too hard to convince people he's a gangsta and a hard man... he makes himself look more like a muppet