Nad's No Heat Hair Remover Wax

Nad's No Heat Hair Remover Wax

Hair Removal Wax - for Women

Review of "Nad's No Heat Hair Remover Wax"

published 08/05/2004 | loislaneguides
Member since : 29/01/2004
Pro natural, cost effective
Cons sticky

"Get Your Nads Out"

Being an avid follower of shopping channels on Sky Digital, whilst idly channel-flicking a few Saturdays ago I saw an advert for a Natural Wax Hair Removal product called Nad's.

I ordered my Nad's from the company Natural and Alternative Discoveries and got in my starter kit:

350g Nad's Hair Removal Gel
Spatula
4 cotton strips
1 x Nads facial hair removal wand kit

all for the princely sum of £29.50 + P&P, the delivery took 2 weeks so wasn't very speedy but I was excited about recieving 'my Nads' that I ignored this fact.

THE PRODUCT
Well, it's a wax. But the difference is:
a ) it's made from natural ingredients such as molasses
b ) you could probably eat it

When it arrived it was rock hard in it's pot and I thought 'this is going to be like spreading tar' and dug the spatula in. It actually spreads quite easily as it claims to 'melt with your own body heat' but after applying the strip and tearing it off the skin is quite sticky.

The adverts also claim 'you can do your whole leg with one strip.' Yeah. Whatever. If your legs are as thin as 2 sticks then maybe but n average person wouldn't. I used 2 strips worth on each leg.

The strips are cotton so all you need to do is rinse them under the tap to get all the hairy goo off and then shove them in the washer and you're done, ready for your next session.

THE PAIN
Yes, waxing is painful. Despite the claims that it hurts 'less than high-street waxing products' I don't think so. You are ripping hair out from the root of course it's going to hurt! Nad's hurts. Many expletives left my lips as I pulled those strips off......

THE RESULT
My legs were very smooth and didn't feel raw, some waxes make your legs feel like sandpaper-this one doesn't. The only draw-back is the sticky residue left on your legs/body. My advice is to shower it off straight away or you'll probably attract wasps in the coming summer weather!

Overall, a good product which will probably last you quite a while which sort of makes up for the hefty price.

• Tadders published 11/01/2006
    And to think that I thought you were joking when you said it was called Nads! I think I'll battle on with my Intuition razor for a bit longer! x
  • numberthree published 09/02/2005
    Far too painful - I'l stick to my Gillette Venus thanks. Take care, Jan
  • salem_witch published 12/05/2004
    I think I'll stick to shaving!