Review of "Nails Inc Gel Effect Nail Polish"

published 19/03/2015 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro Shiny nails
Cons Price
Chips Easily?
Features

"You'll be Gelous of my nail perfection"

Nails Inc Gel Effect Nail Polish

Nails Inc Gel Effect Nail Polish

I am a huge fan of Nail Inc and have over 100 of their nail polishes in my collection. I was super excited when they brought out their gel effect nail polish range as I can't be faffed with the complex removal of actual gel nails, it takes ages and wrecks your nails so the gel effect is perfect as it can be removed with normal nail varnish.

Bought a set
When I went to London in January I bought a set of six polishes from the Nails Inc Gel Effect range to try out. They were in the sales after Christmas so I got them for a bargain £25 (believe me, that is a good price for them!).

And...
In addition to buying the set I tried out another colour on the Nails Inc Counter for my birthday manicure, I chose the dark blue colour called "Old Burlington street" which is a beautiful navy shade.

My experience
I love these gel polishes BUT I do still like the normal Nails Inc range! They are all super shiny and long lasting and the only difference I can tell is that the gel effect has a bit more of a plumping effect on the nail but this is only really noticible to the wearer rather than the viewer! The Gel square bottles also have a thicker brush in them which makes application easier.

In application
Obviously it is easier to apply a lighter shade neatly to the nails but I do have a bit of an obsession with wearing darker nail shades so the thicker brush on the new style bottles from Nails Inc helps with this. I always use a base coat and this helps around the cuticle to get it neater and also prevents the natural nail from staining.

Trick of the trade
The trick to neater nails is not to load up the brush too much with polish. You are more likely to blob it and make a mess and you can always go back for more! I apply the first layer with a push downwards toward the cuticle and clean up with a cotton bud afterwards if it goes over the edge.

Two coats
I always apply two coats even if one looks OK. This is to get a better finish, and also prevent that uneven see through nail you can get with one coat. The top coat I also use as a sealer on the ends of the nail to avoid wear on the nail tip which looks awful on darker shades.

Honestly
You don't get the 14 day manicure from these polishes that you would from a proper gel polish, despite what some people claim it does wear at the tip after a few days. But you are blessed with the ease of removal so it's definitely swings and roundabouts for me.

My thoughts
One thing I have noticed is that the new square bottles are 8ml and the old round ones 10ml but the individual gel effect bottles cost £15 and you can pick up the old round style ones a lot cheaper but £11 each in the shop. Obviously both work out cheaper when bought in a set but you have to like all the shades for it to work out as a proper bargain!

More thoughts
These are not a cheap polish but they are my favourite as they are easy to apply, they always look great on and the colours are long lasting (if you want them to be - I always get bored after a couple of days and need to change the colour!).

Final word
Do try the gel effect polish from Nails Inc if you get chance, you will probably love it. However buying them may hurt your bank balance!

PS. I'll try and add a photo later when I'm on a different internet explore, I have loads of Gel polish Nails Inc photos to share!!

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 17/12/2015