Nails Inc Nail Polish

Nails Inc Nail Polish

Review of "Nails Inc Nail Polish"

published 01/03/2011 | Spottydog11
Chips Easily?
Features

"Nails Inc"

Nails Inc Nail Varnish

The first time I tried a bottle of Nails Inc nail varnish was because it was a free gift with a Woman's magazine. I probably wouldn't have bought one in the first place if it wasn't for this so this turned out to be a very clever piece of marketing by them. Firstly let me fill you in on a little bit of the background of Nails inc.

Nails Inc were launched in 1999 as a nail bar chain offering quick, high quality branded nail services. Apparently, according to an article I read on the company they, "spotted a gap in the market for professional high quality manicures for women with little time to spare and provide the ultimate in affordable luxury with the trademark 15 minute manicure - nails inc's customers can always find time for a quick pamper." They began with just three stores in London but now have 65 outlets nationwide and offer their products in Debenhams, House of Fraser, Harvey Nichols and Topshop to name just a few.

They also specialise in nail products such as nail care products and treatments and have a very extensive range of nail varnishes which is what this review is now going to focus on. Again, according to a website I read on the product, "The extensive colour choice means nails inc has long been the choice for the fashion forward and is a regular at the London Fashion Week circuit. With over 20 mentions every month in magazines such as Vogue, Glamour, Hello, Elle, InStyle, Harper's Bazaar and Grazia, nails inc is renowned for having a colour to match any occasion."

I must admit my decision to buy the magazine with the nail varnish in was firstly made because I thought the bottle looked really quite stylish and a bit more upmarket than other nail varnishes in the shops and it made me think it was probably quite a good product on first impressions. The bottle is quite small and round and the top that contains the brush is the same size as the bottle and not smaller like some nail varnish bottles. This actually makes holding the brush a lot easier and applying the varnish quite easy too. The top is a shiny metal colour and looks very sleek and polished. The bottle is then see through to show the colour of the nail varnish inside. It features little images of hands on the front too which is part of their logo so you know you are buying a nails inc product.

The size of the bottle was 10ml and is priced in the shops at £10.50. This is probably more than I am usually willing to pay but as it was free was willing to give it a go. I am not normally thrilled with the nail varnishes I do buy but you can definitely tell the difference with this one and it probably proves that paying more is sometimes worth it for a better quality product and one that looks good.

I was very impressed with the nail varnish inside. It says on the bottle that it is super glossy, chip resistant and of professional quality. To me it was a very thick liquid but it went on really easily. Usually I have to put quite a few coats on so you do not see the ridges in my nails but even one coat of this polish covered my nails perfectly and did make them look very glossy and professionally done. The directions on the bottle tell you to put two coats on but I only stuck with one the first time. I was not completely satisfied however with how long the varnish lasted on my nails. It did seem to chip a bit at the tips of the nails the very next day but this could be because I only put on one coat. The rest of it did last though and my nails only really needed topping up at the tips so I will probably use two coats in the future like they say.

The colours they have are probably the best part about these nail varnishes. As this is a London based company they seem to have a lot of shades with London names. My bottle was called Piccadilly Circus and there are others such as Saville Row Nail Polish, Dover Street Market Nail Polish and Shoreditch Nail Polish.

The also do a lot of collections as well, such as London Fashion Week Collection, Autumn Winter Collection and the Winter Style sparkly to name but a few. For example the winter style sparkly is said to include four glamorous nail polishes such as sparkling crushed diamonds Aspen, ruby red satin and a dazzling metallic purple. The thing I like about the collections is that each shade compliments each other and suits the style of the name so you know you are choosing polishes that should be flattering to the occasion you want them for.

All in all, a chance usage but now a product I will invest more in and definitely recommend to other people.

• isabelle1 published 02/03/2011
    I love Nails Inc! x
  • moistbabe published 01/03/2011
    Sounds great and the bottle looks quite stylish too! x
  • kappaslappa published 01/03/2011
    I am a big nails inc fan too :o)

offers "Nails Inc Nail Polish"