Nails Inc Nail Polish

Nails Inc Nail Polish

Review of "Nails Inc Nail Polish"

published 13/03/2014 | euphie
Member since : 21/09/2012
Good
Pro nice colours
Cons chips easily, needs a few coats to build up colour, silver looks slightly streaky
Price
Chips Easily?
Features

"My Nails Inc Experiences"

Now that I am starting to have some nails, I have become much more interested in nail polishes.  I have two different colours from this brand, one which was a present from a friend and the other I got free with Glamour magazine.  I will review each separately in this review.

=== The Brand ===

Nails Inc was founded in 1999 by Thea Green, when she noticed a gap in the market for professional high quality manicures and a fashion forward range of products for busy women. The brand's pioneering products, including the 15 minute manicure have made the brand a massive hit for time conscious women. All of the brand's products are named after places in London, as you can see with the two that I own – Soho Silver and St Mark's Square.
The nail polishes

The bottles are instantly recognisable, with a round clear glass base and a shiny silver lid.  You can clearly see the colour of the polish through the base, and I think that the packaging of these polishes all look very expensive and classy.

Soho Silver

As silver is one of my favourite colours of nail polish, I was very happy when I saw this free with a magazine.  I did think that the contents did look slightly watery and thin in the packaging, but thought nothing more of it, as my previous experiences with the brand were positive.  When I opened the lid, the polish did look very watery and I felt the brush was quite narrow and flimsy as well.  It took about three coats of the polish to build up some colour, and when after three coats, there were still visible brush marks from the polish.

I did initially think that maybe my issues with the nail polish were because this was a ‘free’ polish, and maybe not to the brand’s usual standard, so when I received St Mark's Square as a Christmas present, I thought I’d give the brand a second go.

St Mark’s Square

At first, I felt that I had more success with this polish – it was thicker and left no brush marks upon application.  It also dried fairly easily, and it was dry to the touch in a matter of minutes. I loved the colour of this polish, it was a shimmery pink/purple colour and depending on where the light hits my nails. It looked classy and was areal strong shade and one that I really liked the effect of on my nails. This is a 'one coat' polish, although I felt that I needed at least two coats for the colour to pop.

I was initially impressed with the results from this nail polish, but I noticed that the next day, the polish had chipped in places, and in fact one nail was almost bare.  I have no idea how much this polish cost my friend, but with a retail price of around £11.00, I would expect the polish last more than one day without chipping.  I’ve had cheap polishes that have lasted longer than that.

I then gave this polish another chance, before I went to Dublin for a weekend, I used two coats of this polish. The polish lasted slightly better after the first day, but on the drive home, I noticed a lot of chips around the top of my nails. If I was planning on wearing this polish for a special occasion, I would use a top coat, but I would have thought that an expensive nail polish would last longer than one evening without chipping even without a top coat?

This particularly nail polish is now available from the Nails Inc website for £5.00
My thoughts

While I own (and have previously reviewed) a Nails Inc magnetic polish that I was very impressed with, I can’t say the same for these polishes.  While I know that I may have just been unlucky with the individual bottles that I have received, I feel that for the cost of these polishes, I would have expected something better.

My experiences with a Seche polish that I felt was fantastic might have coloured my view slightly when it comes to the Nails Inc polishes, but considering the retail price is similar for both polishes, I feel this is a fair comparison.

I don’t feel that I can recommend this brand of polishes, as I feel the quality is very poor.  I like the colours in the range, and particularly like the effect I got from using the St Mark’s Square polish, but I can get similar colours from less premium brands.  Why I had such good results with the magnetic polishes, and a negative one with these polishes, I’m not sure, but I know that I will never purchase anything from this brand in the future.  I like the colours and the quirky packaging of these polishes, but I don't think they are worth the £11 price tag.

• justarube published 03/03/2017
    Good review
  • rabbitwithwings published 06/08/2016
    vh, shame it doesn't last ;(
  • danielclark691 published 20/01/2016
    vh

offers "Nails Inc Nail Polish"