Review of "Nails Inc Nail Polish"

published 27/03/2014 | Essexgirl2006
Member since : 07/02/2006
Good
Pro Great colours, touch dries quickly
Cons Expensive, chips easlily.
Chips Easily?
Features

"Pricey Polish"

Nails Inc Nail Polish

Nails Inc Nail Polish

I received a Nails Inc nail polish in a Beauty Box that I purchased from Latest in Beauty. Whilst I was familiar with the brand, I had never used one of their polishes before and it was included in my box as Nails Inc was a finalist in the Best British Brand category in the CEW (UK) Beauty Awards. The company have been going almost 15 years, and have their own stores as well as being found in Boots and Debenhams.

I received a 4ml bottle of Notting Hill Gate, a full on bright neon pink, which is a great summer colour, or looks fab giving a flash of brightness to a little black dress or other darker outfit. The colour has got me a few compliments when I have worn it. In an ideal world I would get my nails done professionally using gel polishes, so that they last a good few weeks, but time and money doesn't always allow this. Hence, for my first Christmas party of the season, I got the opportunity to try out this polish.

I didn't do any nail prep beforehand, as I am too lazy. I unscrewed the silver top and was pleased to see a brush of a decent length. It was also quite slim, and not too wide. I started on my toes, which are not always easy to paint, but I found that even my littlest nails got painted without splodging. I only gave them one coat, which I thought was sufficient for the toenails, which won't get seen so much. My fingernails were a slightly different experience. I am right handed, so whilst application on my left hand wasn't too bad, I did make a bit of a cock up on my right hand, splodging and getting it on the finger. The first coat went on quite sheer, but I had always planned on two coats of colour. I waited a few minutes to let the first layer dry and was impressed that is was touch dry in about 3-4 minutes. I cannot comment when using darker shades in the Nails Inc range, but I think most paler shades may need three coats of colour. I only used two layers and I could see the line underneath where my finger ended and the pink part of my nail became the white tip, instead of the solid block of colour that I was going for. I did put a top coat on (Boots own brand), to help make the polish last but I was overall disappointed with the longevity of this polish. My right hand thumb nail went patchy quite soon, so maybe it wasn't quite as quick drying as I thought. My right index finger tip chipped within 24 hours. After 48 hours (and a day at work using a computer keyboard), my right hand was quite badly chipped and I needed to take it off.

When I tried to correct my cack handedness and remove a little bit from my finger, I found it quite hard to remove with a cotton bud, but I am pleased to report that it was a lot easier to remove when I tried it properly, being a swift and hassle free exercise with a cotton pad. My nails were in good condition, and didn't seem to have been damaged by the polish. At times I was pleasantly surprised by this varnish as far as easy application, and quick drying, but overall I was disappointed, particularly with how it lasted and the need for three coats.

Prices start at £11 for a 10ml bottle, so I am unlikely to purchase at full price, and will stick to Essie, which lasts longer and is cheaper. Need three coats, doesn't last well even with a topcoat (chips).

• justarube published 04/04/2017