Review of "Nails Inc Nail Polish"

published 12/06/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro great quality long lasting polish
Cons price when full ticket
Chips Easily?
Features

"My no 1 polish!"

Nails Inc Nail Polish

Nails Inc Nail Polish

I am currently sporting a five day old manicure, normal polish and it looks brand new. This is excellent news. .. .and the secret? Well, it's Nails Inc.

My collection
Of all my nail polish collections, Nails Inc is the polish I collect most of. There's such a huge colour range to choose from there will be something for everyone. They have some "hero" shades, so called because they are very popular and the most sold colour is a beige neutral pastel called Porchester Square.

Bottle shapes and sizes
All the Nails Inc bottles used to be round and contained 12ml of polish and they more recently changed the bottle shape to a more rectangle shape and the brush shape was flatter and a bit shorter. My round bottles still work well and you can still buy this style if you prefer - some like the old brushes better than the new!

The process
When I do a manicure, I like to start with a base coat and although I currently use OPI's nail envy, the nail caviar base coat from Nails Inc is very good, as is the green nail kale base coat which I also like to use because they nourish the nail, help it grow and have strengthening properties as well as helping to stop staining of the nail. I never skip a base coat. I then use two coats of whatever colour I am using, the pink I am wearing is called Shoreditch. All the nails inc line are named after London areas and streets which is a nice homage to the British based manufacturer. I don't need to do this as the colour is fast drying and super shiny but I do then follow up with a top coat to help the manicure last a bit longer. The top coat I use is a Nails Inc caviar top coat which is fast drying and slightly tinted pink. I have also used their gel effect top coat which is a bit more plumping and also works well but I prefer the caviar version.

How to buy...
Nails Inc can be expensive to buy over the counter so to speak at around £14 a bottle full price but you can breathe because there are many ways to get a better deal. Here is a few pointers: if you know what colour you specifically want, go on ebay to halve the price. The website do a bulk buy deal where the shades may be a mixed surprise if you don't mind what colour you are sent. Look out for Christmas deals in department stores and sets for sale all year round in TK Maxx. You can also get mini 5ml versions of a lot of the colours if you want to try before committing to a full size. Beauty boxes also often feature a square bottle in a nice shade so it is worth looking out for these, I have got a nice bluebell shade and a dusky pink and plenty of neutrals. Finally, buy them on the cover of magazines for a few pounds and you also get the magazines to read. The colours can be a bit samey on the magazines but they are usually nice popular colours that are in seasonal fashion. My one piece of advise would be never pay full price!

My favourites
I like the beige Porchester Square and the pure shiny black called Black Taxi and the plummy Victoria. I have a bright pink birthday colour too which is the Shoreditch shade. I do have a few bottles of my favourites stashed, especially when I have found them going cheap!

A few tips ...
- To prolong the life of your polish, use a few drops of thinning solution (NOT NAIL POLISH REMOVER!!) and this will make it runny again. Always clean up any spills around the collar with a bit of remover and a cotton pad or it could drop in and spoik your polish. Thinners can be bought cheaply from Amazon (I use one called Pretty but Seche Vite also sell a more expensive version). These thinners work magic on even ancient polishes.
- Decanting can help when I have a favourite colour I just pour the last drops in to my new bottle after a few uses. It can be hard to reach the dregs at the bottom of the bottle with the brush so I just pour it in and give the new bottle a good shake. You can even try mixing colours to make a new shade if you have a steady hand. Alternatively just use a disposable plastic pot or mat and tip out the drops to use them direct, and work quickly before they dry.
- Nails inc polishes work well generally as stamping colours if you like to do nail art they are quite thick so work well although it can be a wasteful process.
- If you are using a neon or bright colour or a see through one for that matter, try painting over a pure white mani first. Let the white completely set though first. I use the base coat and then the white and let it dry for a few hours before painting on that neon and boy does the colour pop! I also do this on my toes for a bright mani.
- For a different look, try the Nails Inc Matte effect top coat. It takes away the shiny finish but it is nice and smooth and can make for a lasting manicure. I sometimes add the matte top coat after three or four days of my manicure to switch it up and make it last even longer.

My thoughts
Nails inc is a brilliant formula and I clearly can't get enough of it! I love to use their colours, time after time and have never found one I don't really like yet! There are some colours that I use more than others but I try and keep it calm for work and then go for it at Christmas or on the weekend with sparkly and bright colours.

Final word
Never pay retail, take your time and use the right tools (base coat and top coat and thinners) to get professional looking manicures at home. I do own a lot of them but also figure that I don't pay for salon manicures so I can use that money to boost my collection. I always scan the magazines when passing to see if any are giving a free Nails Inc polish away - I can pass on other brands but have been known to buy them in every colour when Glamour (one of the cheaper mags) has them on their covers.

• jb0077 published 19/06/2017