Nair  Ultra  Hair Removal Cream for Dry&Sensitive Skin

Nair Ultra Hair Removal Cream for Dry&Sensitive Skin

Review of "Nair Ultra Hair Removal Cream for Dry&Sensitive Skin"

published 27/12/2010 | Mistee-Dreamz
Member since : 10/10/2010
Pro quick ans fast results, doesn't irritate the skin like some hair removals
Cons Horrible smell, temporary results only
How does it affect your skin?
Next hair removal necessary after
Does it smell good?

"Nair, is it the cream of the crop?"

Nair  Ultra  Hair Removal Cream for Dry&Sensitive

Nair Ultra Hair Removal Cream for Dry&Sensitive

The race against time

Generally, I’m not too keen on hair removal creams, as some of them can irritate my skin. I only use hair removal creams when I’m out of time, when I really need to get quick and fast results in a short space of time.

Last week, my lovely and very busy husband invited me out for a romantic dinner in a posh restaurant all of a sudden and he wanted me to wear his favourite little black dress.

I didn’t have much time and with only a couple of hours’ notice I was in a race against time. I quickly reached the Nair hair removal which I purchased just because it was made especially for sensitive and dry skin. I used Nair ultra-hair removal before to make sure that the cream did not irritate my skin. Thankfully it didn’t so please don’t use it before the doing the patch test which I did previously before using it.

Nair, the hair removal

The box was bright pink and slightly bigger than other hair removal tubes. The cream was stored in a soft plastic pink and white tube with exactly the same features and information as the box.

The colour, consistency and smell of the cream

The cream itself was extremely thick and light pink. It was like toothpaste consistency.

I opened the pink cap and started to apply the cream on my legs. The hair removal cream was supposed to smell like roses but it didn’t. In fact the smell was so horrible it was as if I had poured bleach on my legs. It had a strong chemical smell which is found in most hair removals creams even the fragranced ones and this one was supposed to smell of roses. Honestly, I didn’t smell any roses as the chemical smell was stronger than any of the other fragrances.

Applying it on the skin

Please note

You have to read the instructions carefully before using the product, especially if you are a first time user or you have sensitivity for one or more of their constituents. You also you need to do a patch test to detect ant skin sensitivity or reaction.

I tried it on a small area to indicate how much time I needed, it is stated on the box that five minutes should do the trick. However, the time can vary between 5-10 minutes depending on your body’s hair resistance I suppose. The results came out as 10 minutes for my skin.

Then I was ready to use it, I did the sensitivity test when I first bought the cream and it was ok. I applied a thick double layer of the cream on my both legs using the blue spatula provided. I spread it evenly and waited for 10 minutes. I started to remove the cream gently with the spatula, Please don’t try to rub or scratch during the process, as these movements will irritate your skin. The hair will come off easily and without any effort. After removing the cream I popped in the shower and started to wash my legs with plenty of warm water to rinse any excess cream, I didn’t use any shower gels or shower creams just to be on the safe side.

The results

Surprisingly, I loved the result; my legs were smooth, soft and shiny. I towel dried them and I added some oil to make them extra shiny too. It didn’t irritate my skin at all. What I didn’t like is the horrible smell that stuck to my hands for a few good hours. I wasn’t so comfortable with the smell and I was so self-conscious all the time about me smelling of chemicals. But at least I was able to finish quickly, wear my dress and go out with my husband who complimented my “temporary” smooth legs.

A few hours passed and my legs still looked good. I suffered no irritation or redness, unlike some hair removal products which I had used in the past, so as an initial result I was extremely satisfied.

I have one thing to add, the hair removal is only a temporary fix, the smoothness and shininess only last for a couple of days or maybe a tad more, then the hair will start to grow again. I also noticed that the hair growth is faster and the texture of the hair slightly changes into a thicker texture. So I ended up with legs which were for suitable for a man who had not shaved for a few days.

Here are some warnings

Please bear in mind these things when trying Nair Ultra hair removal cream:

• It contains thioglycolate and alkali.

• Avoid contact with eyes

• Don’t use it around eyes, ears, nose or vaginal/genital areas

• Don’t use on broken skin

• Keep out of reach of children

As a conclusion

For me it’s not a replacement for my usual method even though it worked. It’s a quick solution, suitable for dry and sensitive skin with great initial results however the smell can put you off and the growth changed so my advice to you use it as a quick fix.

Where to buy

Nair ultra hair removal for dry and sensitive skin is available to buy from supermarkets, high street shops and most surely online. The price is normally £ 4.49 but I had mine for a bargain price of £1 from poundland so I guess it’s not too bad and as I said it’s a quick solution if you are in a hurry.

Also available as Sachets 2 x 30ml for £0.87p