Review of "Nappy Nippas Nappies"

published 23/05/2004 | flamesparrow
Member since : 23/05/2004
Pro No Pins, No slips, No Problem
Cons My little lady plays with them!
How leak proof are they?
Absorption
Fit around legs
Do they stay up?

"Nappi Nippas - Great Invention!!"

These are the best thing in the world for a cloth nappy user.

I started out with cloth nappies, without a clue. I battled with a terry and blunt pins, baby squirming away because I took so long. Then I found nappi nippas...

These ingenius little rubber things have small claws that hook into the terry loops (and muslins for newborns), and grip the nappy together. They are "T" shaped and are made of stretchy rubber (red, white or blue), and have little hard plastic claws on each of the ends.

You position them in the T position and stretch them to grip the fabric the the sides, and up the front between the legs - the tension and hooks then holds the nappy together! Hurrah!!!!!

There is no stabbing through the material, or your child, just a quick grip and go. After just a couple of attempts they become just as fast as the tabs on disposables.

I was ready to throw in the terry and return to disposables... Now I can use the nappies I want, quickly and easily.

Great value for money - they usually come in packs of three for £3 - £4, and I haven't had to buy a second pack. They are available from most nappy sites that sell terry nappies, such as the Nappy Lady. There are also normally some to be found on ebay.

The only problem is now... How do I stop the baby from stealing them to play with?!?

• Kukana published 23/05/2004
    Goodness, these sound like an excellent idea! Welcome to Ciao :-) Sue
  • MAFARRIMOND published 23/05/2004
    These sound brilliant. Useful review. Maureen
  • mumsymary published 23/05/2004
    yes these are good no more pinning baby to nappy (hubby did this once)