Nasosal Childrens Sterile Nasal Drops

Nasosal Childrens Sterile Nasal Drops

Baby Cream/Talc/Oil

Review of "Nasosal Childrens Sterile Nasal Drops"

published 20/06/2008 | siache
Member since : 09/06/2003
Pro Quick and easy to use, very effective
Cons No instruction leaflet
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"Nasosal - clears a blocked nose from newborn"

I bought this as my 8 week old daughter was becoming distressed while breastfeeding as her nose was so blocked she couldn't breathe and feed at the same time! I hadn't heard of it before and was looking for Snufflebabe but my local Tesco doesn't stock this so I decided to give Nasosal a go.

It worked brilliantly - quick and easy to use with fast results. I just lie her on my lap, hover the dripper end closely over her nostril, (I don't put it into her nostril cos of transferring germs to the bottle) and squeeze 1 or 2 drops into her nose. There's no discomfort caused to baby and its so quick to do that if they do get upset 'cos you are messing them about its over as quick as it started!

After a few seconds of applying the drops she was less nasally and fed easier too. The ultimate proof it works? - when she woke up this morning she had bogies in her hair, on her face and under her chin!! Lovely!! I had applied 1 drop to each nostril in the evening and then 2 drops to each nostril when we went to bed. I didn't give her any during her night feeds as she wasn't too snuffly (more proof it works) and I didn't want to be poking around her nose in the dark!

It doesn't clear the nose by causing a runny nose like other vapoury medicines, it actually releases the blockages so they can come out as they are or make them easier for you to reach with a tissue.

It is a clear, odourless (I expected a eucalyptus type smell) saline solution that it suitable from newborn. I paid £2.84 for a 10ml bottle from Tesco.

The only downside I found was there is no leaflet in the box. The box and bottle are printed with dosage and basic instructions but I would have been more reassured 'cos of giving it to a small baby if there had been a detailed leaflet stating maximum dose, how it works etc.

• manlybeach published 20/06/2008
    This sounds good and I am glad it worked for your baby. Welcome to ciao xx
  • marymoose99 published 20/06/2008
    Sounds great for the price! Welcome to Ciao :o)
  • jupiter28 published 20/06/2008
    Welcome to ciao - good first review