NatWest Mortgages

NatWest Mortgages

Review of "NatWest Mortgages"

published 22/01/2007 | spankyham
Competitiveness of charges/rates
Staff courtesy
Promptness of service
Online - Content/organization of site

"There is anotherway....... Try another bank"

I applied for a morgage with natwest in middle of 2006. As i have been with them now for 13 years now and got a gold credit rating with them, they invited me down to one of there branches to discuss about there morgage. We sat down with the advisor and filled out a few forms which took around 3 hours to complete. At the end of the form filling she turned round to us and said " I have no doupt that you will get this morgage with the info you provided" so feeling confident we handed a set up fee of around £200. She told us that we would get a answer within 2 days.... 1 week later still no answer! i kept trying her mobile to see whats goin on, left messages.... still nothing. Then one day i had a voice mail from her saying that we didn't get the morgage..... she didn't even tell us why! And they still took the £200 from us!! What a rip!! Even with all the phone calls and letters, even to this day they won't tell me why i didn't get the morgage, and still £200 out of pocket!
My advise to you is stay away from natwest for there morgages. There is another way..... Im changing banks.

This review was read 2064 times and was rated at

• shazzaspannered published 02/03/2007
    That is so out of order – they should at least have told you why they wouldn’t give you a mortgage especially after taking £200 off you – cheeky wotsits! x
  • supercityfan published 22/01/2007
    Whilst it is outrageous that you havn't had your £200 returned, you could do with including more information. After all the review is supposed to be of Nat West Accounts and not the mortgage service which is where you seem to have the gripe. If Nat West are that bad how come you have banked with them for 13 years.
  • sha-olga published 22/01/2007
    good review, i have been with natwest for over twenty years and i get no leway off them they will charge me £30 for going a couple of pence overdrawn yet they wont give my an overdraft because i do not work full time(i work part time as i have three kids to look after).so i am in the process of finding another bank!!!

Product Information : NatWest Mortgages