Nationwide Building Society

Nationwide Building Society

Review of "Nationwide Building Society"

published 31/12/2004 | redlarks
Member since : 16/01/2003
Pro none
Cons try to take all you have
Competitiveness of APR
Comprehensiveness of range of products
Product package
Efficiency of service

"no such thing as unsecured debt"

dear all
this is no sympathy note but just a warning to all in the future.
i am a 33 year old married man with 3 children.
i fell in the dreaded credit card trap a few years ago and run up a debt of over 60 k on loans and credit cards. none of which were spent on luxuraries as you may think ,but on general life for a family of 5.i took out a 15 k loan in 2000 at £244.00 per month(high i know now) this was payed for the next 2.5 years an then i was out of work.
before this i used a debt management company who were a complete waste of time as when i became out of work they did not want to know me.
whilst out of work at the end of 2003 nationwide were very quick in chasing me for payment. i explained my position and offerd a payment i could aford.
they took no consideration in my situation and sent a representitive to my house who totally humilliated me in front of my family.
further to this 1 week later the same rep turned up at my house and discussed all my financial matters with my wife who is not even on the loan aggreement.(breaking the Data protection act)this caused major problems in my family.
i made further offers even after i started a new full time job earning £500.00 less per month but they did not care and took a court judgement against me securing there debt of over 14k after 3 years against my property.
this has also been done by CAPITAL ONE. and they are both looking to force sale of my house and home.
SO A LITTLE NOTE TO ALL-DONT BE FOOLED WHEN YOU SIGN THE AGGREEMENT IT IS FAR FROM UNSECURED. AND I CAN GIVE YOU MANY MORE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES WHO TAKE THE SAME APPROACH.
i do not expect any sympthay as it is my fault i am in this position,but i would just like to warn that all is not black and white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• galaxynicole published 19/04/2005
    Hope things worked out for you. Too many people falls into those traps and as much as it is the person's fault for using the credit cards. I think the credit card companies have to accept responsibility for people getting trapped in the first place Nicky x
  • HotBabes published 01/01/2005
    Best wishes for 2005 and hope you get back on track slowly but surely. :-)
  • Coloneljohn published 01/01/2005
    Looks like you have a tough break. I hope that it all works out for you.Trust your family and don't keep them in the dark. That can lead to problems.John

Product Information : Nationwide Building Society