Nationwide Building Society

Nationwide Building Society

Review of "Nationwide Building Society"

published 12/06/2010 | LinLin64
Member since : 12/06/2010
Satisfactory
Pro no problems with internet banking or phone banking
Cons poorly-trained staff, wrong information, staff wasting customer's time, unresponsive to complaints
Efficiency of service
Competitiveness of charges/rates
Staff courtesy
Promptness of service
Online - Content/organization of site

"staff need to give accurate info and listen to the customer"

Consistently incorrect advice given to me by staff over the phone. In purchasing a new car, I was told there would be no problem in using my card. WHen I went in the next day to use it, it was declined. I traveled to the branch to withdraw the cash, only to find that 48 hours notice was required for a withdrawal of over £500. Despite the fact their staff had given me wrong information. So I wasted an afternoon and incurred expenses including insuring both my new and old car for an additional two days.

I then arranged a CHAPS transfer, and again incorrect information was given about how long it would take for that to clear. It was late in being transferred.

I complained. Not surprisingly, Nationwide has been totally unresponsive.

Branch staff are sometimes very helpful, sometimes quite off-track. One staff member went through my records to satisfy his own curiosity about something, and when I objected that I simply wanted to complete the transaction at hand, he incorrectly stated that he was 'Just answering your query'. In fact he was satisfying his own curiosity.

The customer is not valued consistently. A few staff are great. Others aren't. You take pot luck when you work with Nationwide. Their training for customers is clearly lacking.

Product Information : Nationwide Building Society