Natwest Card

Product package
Quality of Customer Service
Reward Scheme
Additional Charges

"Natwest allows FREE online access to your account"

This review is not about the Natwest Card, but about Natwest Online Banking, a free service from Natwest that allows you to check your balance online and transfer funds.

Let me start by saying that Nawest is an excellent bank, and I have never questionned using them. It's online service however, is so unbelievably bad. When I first joined NWOLB (no not NOB) I thought it would be great to keep up with my account without going to the local. Signing up wasn't instant, and they had to send me a pin, but it was simple.

At first it was great. All I wanted to do was to check my balance now and again to check net transactions etc. I only have one Natwest account so I couldn't use transfer funds and I didn't need to sort out standing orders. My use was simple: how much money do I have.

Now Natwest has a 'new' system. It doesn't allow you to order new stationairy but all other features are there. It's now a pain to login though. It's VERY secure - you need to enter 3 (specified) random characters of your Pin and Password. This is good as if someone accidentaly gets at the information you send, they can't do anything because they only have 3 characters. However, it delays the login process by ages. Also, 3 in 5 times I try to access the site it stops loading and produces all sorts of errors. I've been trying to log in for over an hour now - it constantly gives me DNS or secure server errors, or just fails to load pages. That is absolutely disgraceful - I could have gone to the local cash mashine and been back twice in that time.

Overall Natwest Online Banking is a good idea, and very useful. However, due to the absolute pain it takes to do something so simple, it's not worth the hassle. Natwest should sort it's website out - if you need instant balances, use the Natwest phone service. (P.S. The ratings below refer to the bank EXCEPT for the final rating (2/5), which refers to the online service).

• hotrodkzn published 05/02/2004
    If you try their online banking system now, I think that you would find that technology has helped them progress.
  • Anindya published 23/02/2002
    Nice op. Quite agree with you.
  • Briz_Hatchings published 10/10/2001
    Nice op, but aren't Natwest's interest rates a bit chod?

Product Information : Natwest Card