Neoprene Tail Guard

Neoprene Tail Guard

Neoprene Tail Guard for travelling

Review of "Neoprene Tail Guard"

published 11/06/2008 | sweetpea_sweetpea
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Soft & Easy to use.
Cons Only 1 size and 1 Colour.
Ease of Use

"Woof Wear Tail Guard"

Tail Guard

Tail Guard

I own the Woof Wear Neoprene Tail Guard and I have done for a few years as its so reliable.
Manufactured from soft, flexible neoprene to protect the tail whilst travelling.
It has 4mm PX closed cell neoprene, ergonomic design for easy positioning and fit, it is designed to protect from above top of tail right to end of dock. Has a plush outer finish for unlimited strap adjustment and a secure fit and 4 adjustable high density Touch & Close straps.
I noticed after the first few times I used it, it slipped down my horses tail, not much but the top of the tail started to poke out. I thought it might be because my horse has quite a thick tail so I decided to put a tail bandage under the tail guard. After this the tail guard didnt slip once!! I also think that having a bandage under the tail is a bit more support and protection.
I do think that if you horse has a thick tail or even a very soft (newly washed) the tail guard might slip a bit but on the whole I think when travelling you cant be too safe.
The Woof Wear tail guard only comes in one size and in one colour which is a downfall. They only come in black.
Bits of hay, straw and shavings tend to stick to it but its easily washable and comes up as good as new!!

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 14/08/2017
    I always use tail bandage underneath
  • mum2boys82 published 12/06/2008
    As a person who knows nothing about horses I would have been interested to learn why you need this product, what can happen to a tail in travel? Rebecca Xx
  • blissman70 published 11/06/2008
    nice review. I had to read this review to find out what a tail gaurd was, now i know, you learn something new everyday... regards,blissman