Nerf Vortex Vigilon

Nerf Vortex Vigilon

Review of "Nerf Vortex Vigilon"

published 23/04/2015 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro Fun for kids, good quality
Cons None
Wear and Tear
Age Group

"Nerf Vortex Vigilon"

My son owns a couple of guns from the Nerf range, and these often come out when the weather is decent and he has friends around as they can play with them in the garden. Although many parents don’t believe in their children having toy guns, these are hardly realistic and provide my child and his friend with hours of fun.

One such gun he owns that he received as a present last year is the Nerf Votrex Vigilon gun. This gun retails at around £19.99, which I would say is about right as Nerf is a well known children’s brand, and this is a decent sized, good quality gun.

The gun is made of plastic, but it is well made and has a nice weight to it so it doesn’t look or feel cheap and flimsy, and I am confident that it could take a fair amount of battering and dropping before it would break.

You do get a small amount of ‘ammo’ included within the box, with the ammo being small green discs with a plastic top and spongy edge so when shot, even if they hit another child, or an item in the home of some expense, you know that unless shot at extremely close range, your child won’t cause any damage to people or property, which is pretty handy to know!

The discs slot in the top and are released sideways via a normal gun trigger. The magazine does let your child fire shots rapidly which is good and it does have a good range to it too so it doesn’t feel like a cheap childish gun to my 11 year old, and him and his friends often play with these guns.

Obviously you have the issue of ammo disappearing through hedges etc in the garden or just getting lost behind things, so it is handy to know that you can purchase replacement packs of ammo separately for just a few pounds so if your child does lose all their ammo, it doesn’t mean that the gun can no longer be used.

Overall, this is a really good gun from the Nerf range. It is powerful and has a long shooting range and the ammo is lightweight and pretty incapable of hurting anybody or anything which is a little bit of peace of mind for parents. My son and friends really like this gun and I think it would make an excellent present for a child of my sons age and so therefore it comes with a recommendation from me.

• euphie published 19/05/2015
    vh :o)
  • mumsymary published 28/04/2015
    fun for target practice
  • xmum2fourx published 24/04/2015
    Great x

offers "Nerf Vortex Vigilon"