Review of "Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo KP100640"

published 08/03/2012 | Realiden20
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Good small size. Nice design. Easy to clean. Delicious coffee
Cons Too expensive. Both machine and coffee flavors/containers.
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"As a coffee lover, I approve!"

I actually got this a gift from my sister for Christmas. I've always wanted one but I've always just found it to be a little too expensive to buy just to have great coffee. So when I got this as a gift, I was thrilled!

Unlike other espresso machines that typically very large and take up a lot of space on your kitchen counter, the Dolce Gusto Piccolo coffee machine is a good reasonalble size. Basically as big as your average size of a normal coffee maker. So in my kitchen... They both sit right next to each other and both fit on my corner kitchen counter.

I like the design... It's fairly simple to use once you read the directions. You place your coffee cup on the tray. You put the coffee pod in, fill the back with cold water, turn it on, and the little spout pours the coffee into your cup.

It's great because you can get this perfect coffee taste that you get at Starbucks for example but now at home at 2 am if you'd like! BUT, big drawback is that these little coffee containers with a million different flavors that you can chose from are a little on the expensive side. They're just not cheap! With a regular coffee maker... You just buy the ground coffee container for like $9 - $13 and you've got enough coffee to last you 3 weeks. Not to mention multiple cups per brew!

But, this machine... You really can only get about 2 cups per coffee container because that's all the water it can hold. The expense is so high to have many cups of coffee that you find yourself only using it maybe twice/ week when you're craving that specialty flavored brewed coffe. All other days... You just use your regular coffee maker to save money.

So I'd say... if you really love coffee... maybe you can wait till you find a good sale and buy this. For me, honestly, the price is so expensive, that if I hadn't gotten it as a gift, I wouldn't have it in my house.

But it does work well and certainly cures your craving for that very good mocha cup every once in a while.

• Nar2 published 08/03/2012
    As the owner of a Dolce Gusto machine, the price of the coffee isn't that far off a large jar of instant. It would be helpful to bear in mind that you're on a UK website of Ciao and as such using £ currency will be better for UK members. Also though it was a gift, it would be handier to add in the UK cost price, if it boils milk and cleaning it. I'm also not quite convinced that you know that much about the Dolce Gusto capsules - they're only fit for one drink at a time.