Nestle Yorkie

Nestle Yorkie

Review of "Nestle Yorkie"

published 20/04/2002 | brianbarnes
Member since : 11/03/2001
Pro Larger than the average chunks
Cons Slightly over priced
Smell
Product Quality

"The Concise Opinion"

Hunky, chunky chocolate is what you get with Nestle's Yorkie bar. Its a no frills confection, quite simply something to get your teeth into.

Unlike Cadbury's Dairy Milk and Mars Galaxy, Yorkie has a real chocolaty flavour to it. This is probably down in part to Nestle's continental heritage. In comparison Galaxy is overly sweet and CDM too milky.

Yorkie is available in three regular varieties, Milk, Biscuit and Raisen and Almond. There is currently a honeycomb variety as well. The standard size is 70g although King Size and Family Size.

Ive not seen the almond for a while yet. From memory the almond pieces were whole, although this may be a fond trick of the old grey cells.

The raisen and biscuit has always been more popular in general. The biscuit pieces are spherical in shape and satisfyingly crunchy. The raisens are typical raisen sized (nothing sultanay going on here). The combination works, although not everyone is keen on raisens (my wife for example).

Yorkie is chunky, and chocolatey and that's about it. Girls can certainly eat it dispite what the advertising gurus would have you believe. Just make sure it`s not mine.

The pieces are so thick that it's best not to chill it for too long else broken teeth may be the order of the day. I prefer to eat them at room temperature which certainly makes things just a little bit easier on the jaw.

My 70g bar cost me 40p from a high street newsagent and took me about ten minutes to savour every chunk. I could make it last even longer, but then I do have some self control.

Described as "chunky milk chocolate"

Ingredients

Milk Chocolate contains cocoa solids 22% minimum, Milk solids 20% minimum, vegetable fat, emulsifiers (lecithin, E476) and flavouring.

Nutritional Information

.kcal 370
Protein 4.6g
Carbohydrate 41.3g
Fat 20.7g

Nestle Consumer Service: PO Box 203, York, Y091 1XY Tel. 0800 000039 (UK only).

Trade Mark Owners: 2001 Societe des Produits Nestle SA, Vevey, Switzerland,

Visit www.nestle.co.uk for more details

Look out for my other Concise Opinions on: Cadburys Cream Egg, Cadburys Double Deckers, McVities Munch Bites, Nestle Walnut Whip and the Mars Bar.

• LaceyR26 published 10/05/2009
    I haven't tried one of these in years. :-( Might buy one but then I'd feel like I was being watched 'cause I'm a girl, lol. Nightmoares- the cashier refuses to serve me
  • jackiefers published 17/07/2002