Netdoctor Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo

Netdoctor Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo

Review of "Netdoctor Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo"

published 13/08/2005 | nereesa85
Member since : 03/08/2005
Pro Great for psoriasis, doesnt smell too bad, great shiny non frizzy hair woohoo!!!
Cons makes blonde hair change colour if you use it all the time
Does it smell good?

"hello black tops"

Alphosyl 2 in 1 is available at big supermarkets and chemists. You can also get it on prescription but if you have to pay for your prescriptions I shouldnt bother, its cheeper to buy it. It comes in 125ml or 250ml bottles. I pay £5.49 for a 250ml bottle at my local chemist and the 125ml bottle costs £2.99. This might be cheeper at Tesco but I dont know because my Tesco is a little piddly store with only the essentials in it!!!

Why did I buy it?
I suffer from Psoriasis which is a skin condition similar to excema but it doesnt go away quite so easily. I had been using PolyTar shampoo which my doctor prescribed but I fell out with it as it stank and made my hair dull and damaged. So off I pops back to my trusty GP who told me to try Alphosyl 2in1. "Just go to the chemists and buy it my dear" he says "If you're not satisfied I'll eat my stethescope!". Very funny man, my doctor.

What happened?
I went and bought it. Just the little bottle because I thought it was rather expensive and the lable said you need to use a good amount. So anyway I gets it home and took over the bathroom. I opened the bottle and had a sniff. It smelled soooo nice compared to that stinky brown muck I had subjected my barnet to for 3weeks running. For a medicated shampoo it does smell nice and its not unappealing to look at. Although please don't expect a herbal escences because its not that good a smell, just not offensive. So I gets to washing and found that you dont actually need that much to get a decent lather. I now find that I only need a medium sized blob for my hair which is long and rather thick. After rinsing and blow drying my hair actually looked nice which it hadnt done in ages. My hair looked healthy, clean, shiny and more to the point not frizzy. As I had been using a "normal" shampoo for a few days my scalp had flared up. Upon inspection my scabs were less red and sore but still there so I avoided the nice black tops. I found that I wasn't itching or picking at my scalp or even behind my ears like I usually do. After a week of use I was chuffed to bits. My smaller scabs had gone and the rest were quickly following suit and not flaking. I could wear a black top, joy!!! I do have to make a point here that I use steroid creams so people who are relying on the shampoo alone might find it takes a little longer. My hair is very shiny and looks healthy and strong. I follow the advice on the lable and alternate it with another shampoo to minimise the side effects. When chosing another shampoo to alternate with, use one that hasn't got coal tar in it, or alcohol or fragrances as this will trigger a flare up.

Side Effects
The active ingredient is coal tar. Regular use can cause naturally or coloured fair hair to go several shades browner or redder in some cases. Another side effect, which I have not experienced myself, is that on warm sunny days your scalp could burn. Like I said I havent had this problem but you might so you must must must do what the bottle tells you. Alternate with another shampoo.

Overall I am completely in love with this shampoo. It is more expensive but worth it. I buy a 500ml bottle for £5.49 which lasts about two months. My hair looks gorgeous (big head???) and my hairdresser says it is much healthier and stronger. My scalp is completely under control and I now only have a couple of red marks which don't pose a problem. Most of the scabs have dissappeared completely as has the dandruff and "Does she have nits?" effects. I would recomend to anyone with a dry scalp condition such as mine. My friend Hollie has excema and my sister also has psoriasis. Both of them have reported great results upon recomendation. So try it, if you dont like it Ill tell my doctor and post pictures of my him eating his stethescope!!!

This review was read 1949 times and was rated at

• vikkiloulou published 07/09/2015
    vh
  • elaine16 published 12/02/2007
    may try this for my hubby. He has a very dry scalp which can be flaky. Poor thing.! Elaine xx
  • browny31 published 25/08/2005
    Great read rather entertaing one at that for a shampoo!!!