Review of "Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment"

published 15/05/2001 | IsabelleMcQT
Member since : 14/05/2001
Pro a product that lives up to its claims
Cons must be used regularly

"Good news for problem skin"

If you have really bad acne (as I did when I was younger) you may have to get treatment from a doctor. But if you have a more mild condition, this pore clarifying gel is for you.

I bought it because I get spots from time to time and wanted to prevent that. I have also recently noticed enlarged pores on my cheeks and this treatment promises to help with that by ridding pores of the oil and dirt that blocks and enlarges them. It is a treatment that must be used regularly (every night) for it to work. Results start showing after a week, but this is really a long-term treatment that should be used over a long period of time. However, as it is a clear get, I can put it on last thing before bed and my boyfriend doesn't even know about it! He just says "your face smells nice" and I never tell him its a spot-treatment! This encourages me to use it regularly as there is no embarassment involved. You leave it on overnight and wash it off in the morning. You have to wash your face before you put it on (I just use a cleanser) and you can moisturise too if you need to, before putting on the gel.

Since I have been using it, I have noticed a definite improvement in my skin. It seems to glow more and I have had NO NEW SPOTS since I began the treatment (about 2 weeks ago) - WOW! My pores are still enlarged, but I'm hoping that with time that will improve too. My skin certainly looks and feels better, and all with minimum fuss and embarassment. It certainly beats those messy, smelly topical lotions my doctor prescribed me as a teenager.

I must just add, to be completely honest, that at about the same time I started using this, I also started splashing my face with cold water in the morning, after showering. This boosts your circulation which can help heal spots and give you a glow. I had heard about this practice and thought it was pointless, but now I have tried it I think its amazing! Neutrogena Clear Pore treatment at night, and 15-20 splashes of cold water in the morning would be my tip for anyone with problem skin - it really works!

• supersue123 published 28/04/2004
    Think you give good advice on this - I also do the "cold water" thing in the morning. It really does help to boost circulation and close down pores. Used with the Clear Pore it's a real winner.
  • MissDirect published 15/04/2002
    This made no difference to me but I am glad it did for you.
  • phanida.s published 15/07/2001
    thanks for the advice. I have this problem too..by the way, does it make pore size smaller after you try for a while?