Neutrogena Visibly Clear Exfoliating Wash

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Exfoliating Wash

Cleanser / Exfoliator - Exfoliant

Review of "Neutrogena Visibly Clear Exfoliating Wash"

published 09/02/2006 | filmlover
Member since : 27/06/2004
Pro Actually works!
Cons Hope they don't stop making it
How does it affect your skin?
Does it dehydrate your skin?

"A real result"

Gentle Exfoliating Wash

Gentle Exfoliating Wash

Some of you may have seen in previous reviews that I have lately tried some other Neutrogena Visibly Clear and Visibly Refined products and not been overly impressed. So why did I find myself buying the Visibly Clear Gentle Exfoliating Wash? Because I'm a sucker? Because it was on offer? (at Superdrug).

Yes, hard to believe I just keep going back for more. This product looked like it was going to suit my skin and my requirements though (don't they all?). My pores get blocked easily and I find exfoliating my face helps keep this in check. Most facial scrubs are too harsh to use every day (and my skin's a bit sensitive) but the days I don't use it my skin gets quite clogged and then spots break out.

So when I saw this Gentle Exfoliating Wash which can be used everyday, I was pretty keen despite the track record.

~~ the marketing ~~

The tube says it contains natural plant extracts and soft microbeads to help prevent blemishes without over-drying your skin. So there.

~~ price & availability ~~

150ml is normally around £3.99 but has been on offer lately at £2.99 at Boots & Superdrug. Should also be available from major chemists and some supermarkets.

~~ the container ~~

Like a lot of the other products in the Visibly Clear range, this wash comes in an large 150ml upright tube. It has a flip lid and it's easy to squeeze out an amount and apply it.

~~ the wash ~~

A fairly thick consistency, clearish with lots of tiny blue grains in it. These are the exfoliating bits. They're quite fine grained but when you apply the wash to your face you can feel them working off the dead cells. You apply a smallish amount to the whole face and keep rubbing over your skin to get the exfoliating effect. It doesn't take a lot of effort and you can concentrate on areas that you feel need it most.

The wash doesn't really foam up, it's not that kind of product. I find it easy to wash off when I'm done and my skin still feels clean and fresh despite no foam. It hasn't made my skin feel dry instead it feels quite soft.

~~ can you use it everyday? ~~

Yes! I've been using it every morning for nearly a month and my skin is in really good condition. The scrub is enough to get rid of dead cells but not too much that it irritates the skin and causes flare ups (which has happened to me with other scrubs).

~~ the results ~~

Really good. Removing the dead cells means they don't clog up during the day and my skin stays clearer. My skin is healthier, looks better and more importantly I've had less spots since I've been using it even though I had a stressful week last week. The massage action required to rub it in every day helps improve the blood flow as well I think.

They've got the right balance of exfoliation here so you can apply it to the whole face every day, even my sensitive skin, without it irritating. The wash isn't drying and hasn't caused any reactions on my skin. Instead I'm left with smoother, softer skin. I keep touching my face actually because I can't believe how smooth and soft it feels nowadays - this is probably the best it's ever been!

I'm definitely going to be carrying on with this one. Hard to believe but the marketing spiel is right for once for me. It hasn't miraculously changed my complexion into one of a model's but it certainly has improved the texture and appearance and kept the spots in check. If you suffer from blocked pores like me, forget the Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Face Wash and go for this one instead, it actually gives results.

• shazzaspannered published 30/01/2007
    This sounds like something which might suit my skin, I've looked at it before but never bought it. I might think about trying it when my current face wash runs out x
  • pink_champagne published 09/02/2006
    I've used samples of this in the past, but never got round to buying it
  • Moogiekupo published 09/02/2006
    A great review. I have been tempting to buy this before. I just needed the push - Kupo x