Review of "New Baby"

published 08/06/2001 | princesssoapy
Member since : 02/06/2001
Good
Pro As good as the majority of other parenting magazines.
Cons Not original enough.

"Is there any need for new baby"

Anyone might say that there are too many parenting magazines on the newsagents shelves already and i think you might be right so i bought a copy of the newish magazine new baby to see if it could come up with anything different to stand out from the others!

It didn't exactly pass! inside it looks as if you are reading any old parenting magazine, there are birth stories, cookery, clothes, exercises and diet suggestions and the good old advice pages, i must admit that it is a good magazine but its not the best one and i would probably only buy it again if it had a specific article that i wanted to read and maybe a nice free gift to entice me.

Saying all this though i did like some of the regular features like the Newsbaby, Shopping News and The first thity days (one mums views of her first month with her baby) these were all very good.

So my reccommendation would be to buy it if there is a feature or article that you are interested in if not look around at the many other parenting magazines because one of them is bound to cover what you are looking for.

• jackiefers published 01/08/2004
    I agree I only brought a magazine the other week because it had a free "here comes trouble!" t shirt which my son looks cute in, can't remember name or even read it only just quickly looked through
  • Cazz published 12/06/2001
    Hear hear, what on earth do we need another one for? I only bother with the ones I have reviewed, although in the first few months I was a sucker for the lot of them. New parents have enough to do and spend their money on without this!
  • kathchurchill published 08/06/2001
    I only usually buy them for the free gifts!

Product Information : New Baby