kiss_me20... 5

kiss_me2070

About me: Writing as much as I can so I can save as much as I can!

Member since:11.02.2004

Marine flakes for my fish.

23.04.2012

Advantages:
Great for all types of marine fish, Easy to feed

Disadvantages:
Apart from the smell of the flakes nothing !

21 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. JOHNV
  2. Amy69
  3. angelboouk123

Marine Flakes are suitable for all tropical marine species and can be used alone as a complete feed or alongside other fish food and Algae flakes.

The flakes come in a black plastic container which has a black screw lid. On the front it states that the product is Marine flakes and it states along the bottom that the flakes are good for health, colour and vitality. On the back of the tub there is a label with feeding instructions and more information about the flakes. It also gives you contact information for New Era, which are the ones who make the flakes.

~ Features & Benefits: ~

· Unique large flake formulation

· Less waste – Improved water quality

· Natural ingredients

· Sustainably sourced ingredients

We purchased the flakes from a local garden centre which have an aquatic section in it along with other animal supplies. For a tub of 30g, it cost us £9.99, how-ever you can buy smaller tubs of the flakes.

~ Feeding Guide: ~

For surface feeders places fish flakes on the water’s surface. For mid and bottom dwellers pinch flakes together and disperse under the surface.

In our tank we have mainly Tangs, but also have a Lion Fish, Snowflake Eel & a Catfish. The flakes in the tub are very big, so you may need to crush some of them to make then smaller. The fish flakes, don't smell pleasant and they have the odour of fish!! As soon as the fish in our tank see that we are opening the tub with the flakes in they already know that it’s feeding time so we don’t get time to put the flakes beneath the surface as the feeding instructions suggested. Instead we just place the flakes on top of the water and the fish come up and eat them there. Not all our fish eat these flakes in particular the Eel and Catfish, but we have different food for them anyway.

We give our fish these flakes 1-2 times a day along with some other fish food. When we put the flakes in, we make sure we don’t put too much in as we don’t want any flakes left floating about on top of the surface. If after we’ve put the first lot of flakes in and it goes quickly, we then put in another small amount. When getting the flakes out of the tub I just pinch a small amount between my fingertips which lifts the flakes out. If they need crushing slightly, I do this in the tub.

Overall the flakes are perfect for my fish and I can tell they really enjoy them. When we run out of the flakes we will either buy these again or go for a different brand instead. How-ever I think the New Era products are a very good, reliable brand. I give the flakes 5 out of 5 stars!

(review may also appear on dooyoo)

Pictures of New Era Marine Flakes
New Era Marine Flakes Marine Flakes Tub
Marine Flakes Tub

tallulahbang 23.04.2012 19:40

Your fish are beautiful! xx