New ID Studios

New ID Studios

Review of "New ID Studios"

published 19/08/2010 | JulieRichardshasanopinion
Member since : 19/08/2010
Pro Great treat for you and a friend
Cons goes too quickly!
Hygiene
Staff service
Price level
Cuisine
Atmosphere

"A real treat at New ID"

I decided to treat myself to a photo shoot and make over session after my wonderful fiancé decided to dump me after 3 years together for no apparent reason and I was tired of feeling sorry for myself! So booked in for myself and also decided to treat my friend who had been there to pick up the pieces after the break up!
Got to New ID and felt really at ease right away, I did have a few pre make over nerves but needn’t have bothered really because the whole team are just great and make the whole thing seem really effortless.
You get a card to fill in when you get there so you can put down what kind of hair style and make up you want and there is lots of great before and after shot stuff that is totally inspiring and makes you really excited about what lies ahead.
The make up looks a bit heavy I have to say so be ready for that if you are not used to using that much but it comes out perfectly on the pictures. Its definitely more than you would use normally and especially during the day time but don’t panic its for the pictures not every day use, however the concept can certainly be put into day to day practice and you do get a lot out of seeing how the professionals do it. Use it to pick up as many hints and advice as you can because once you get the knack of it, it can make a permanent difference to how you look rather than just being for that day. Should mention here that you also get to take a chart home with you and that really helped me re create the look, that I loved, because it was fab.
I had moisture treatment first, then hair, then make up, then nails then hair touched up again with about a ten minute break between each section, or there abouts anyway. Lots of refreshments were offerd during the entire thing so that was good too. There was about a 20 minutes break before the pictures and then girls its lights camera action!
I simply loved having the photos taken it was such a hoot! And they came out way better than I expected, frankly I normally look like a total pig on pictures but with these nothing could have been further from the truth. I felt like a diva and the photographer lovely girl really got me swinging and posing and feeling great and knowing that I looked great it was really easy to get into the swing of things.
The viewing session was a bit rushed and I would have liked to have had all of the shots laid out in front of me to compare and choose but I suppose they cant really print them all of and then just discard the ones I didn’t want so it was OK, I chose the free one I wanted first and then four others that were really good, the viewing person looked pretty disappointed that I didn’t go for more, I would liked to have done but had no idea what I would have done with them all. My friend spent over 1000 pounds and was so enthusiastic about the whole thing I thought at one point she might have phoned the bank to remortgage her house so she could have literally all of them.
Looking back my only regret is that we didn’t have shots done together it was our choice at the time but in my mind all that means is we will have to go back again! Cant wait it really was a fun way to spend the day and gave me the boost I so desperately needed!

• emily.ha published 19/08/2010
    Over £1000? :O Yikes. Sounds fun though :) x
  • LadyStardust-X published 19/08/2010
    Sound like a good birthday present to give people :)
  • Maniac1701d published 19/08/2010