New ID Studios

New ID Studios

Review of "New ID Studios"

published 08/09/2010 | shiningstarsays
Price level
Cuisine
Atmosphere

"NEW ID"

My Mum recently turned up at my house with a surprise gift, a voucher for a make over for me and my two sons, I was thrilled. I had never had anything like this before and since my twins were born four years ago I seem to have had no time for myself and not exactly let myself go but when your priorities change as they do sometimes you forget to make the effort with yourself that you used to. I was really excited about the big day despite being a little bit nervous of being in front of the camera. As a single Mum, like many others, I don’t have a lot of spare cash so was really pleased to see that you actually get a free picture when you for a make over, the voucher was for New ID and that made it all the more exciting.
The big day arrived and Mum came along with me to keep an eye on the twins so I could enjoy the make over experience before we all had our pictures taken together.
Mum had chosen the Kids Deluxe Makeover and photoshoot which included an initial consultation which gave me a lot of confidence as I really had not that much idea about how the day would pan out. Then I had a wonderful Intensive moisturizing treatment which was about the most relaxing thing I had done in the last four and a half years and after that I had my make up done which was wonderful. I have never had professional make up done before and felt just like a film star. I have never looked so good despite still carrying a bit of extra baby weight even after four years.
After the make up I had a cut and blow dry and the boys had a hair cut too. They behaved themselves beautifully and I think that was partially due to the staff being so good to them and the lovely relaxed atmosphere in the salon.
We were given complimentary drinks throughout the experience as well so that kept the boys happy and as Mum was there to take care of them I indulged myself in a Bucks Fizz or two. Once we were all done there was a 20 minute wait for the photo session to start so Mum took the boys off to play and I just sat and relaxed and took in the atmosphere while watching the other makeovers take place in front of my very eyes. I remember thinking what a rewarding job it must be to make people look beautiful.
Mum and the boys came back and we went into get out pictures taken and I felt surprisingly relaxed, again I put it down to the staff and the wonderful atmosphere. The photos were great fun and the boys loved it as much as I did. Josh wanted to go back in and actually cried afterwards.
Then I had surprise number two, when I went to choose the complimentary picture Mum told me she has paid for two more and because she paid before we went I could have four. I was so happy because the pictures were wonderful. I would have liked to have had more but I will cherish the ones I have, and the boys love them too.
Surprise number three was my friend turning up and Mum telling me she was taking the boys home so I could have a night out with Lisa, we had a wonderful evening I felt very glamorous and it was a really unforgettable day