New ID Studios

New ID Studios

Review of "New ID Studios"

published 30/04/2012 | bethcarter
Member since : 30/04/2012
Pro Awesome photos, great deals
Cons delay inbetween segments of the makeover
Hygiene
Staff service
Price level

"New ID a few changes and it would be perfect "

I booked a Mum to be photoshoot with New ID. I got the voucher directly off their website as I couldn’t get a better deal on any of the other websites that sell experience vouchers. The voucher I got was only twenty pounds which I thought was pretty cheap.
The welcome consultation took place when I arrived at the salon at 9am. The woman didn’t really seem to have much of a clue as to what was going on, I asked her about how long I would be there for but she didn’t really seem to know, I think she was new. She was polite enough just not very well informed. Anyway, she did get me to fill in some forms and asked me if there was anything that I did not want with regards to hair and makeup. The Mum to Be deal only includes dry hair styling anyway so it’s not like I was going to get a haircut that I hated so I said I was fine with anything they did really. After about ten minutes I got my hair styled, the woman did a French plat for me, I love French plats and cant do them on myself so I was happy with that. Then I had to wait nearly half an hour for the makeup artist, I found this a bit irritating because I had not expected that. However she did a brilliant job on my makeup and I was very impressed with it. I was offered the cosmetics but I didn’t feel pushed into buying any of them, they just offered really. There was then another twenty minute delay before the photo room was available. I was fed up waiting but it was well worth it because the photo session was fantastic, the guy taking the pictures was really nice and I enjoyed it immensely. They then told me it would take an hour to develop the pictures which was a bit annoying but what can you do, I just went and had a look round the shops for 45 minutes and then went back. I didn’t care for the guy that showed me the pictures much, he seemed to be in a bit of a rush and I wanted to really study them before I made up my mind, the pictures were totally amazing the photographer clearly knew his stuff, I would have liked to have brought them all. in the end I chose three that were 12 x 8 and cost seventy pounds each. I also got on that was 5 x 7 that comes free with the deal. They mail the pictures to you that can take up to eight weeks! I was not bothered about the frames and albums they have but they were offered. I think if the woman on the desk knew a bit more and the guy was a bit more friendly in the viewing session and there was less waiting around this would be the perfect experience.

• 1st2thebar published 30/04/2012
    Requires a reformat - welcome to Ciao.