Review of "New ID Studios"

published 01/05/2012 | junepune
Member since : 01/05/2012
Pro New ID do pretty good makeovers that are not at all expensive but the photographs are!
Cons New ID do pretty good makeovers that are not at all expensive but the photographs are!
Hygiene
Staff service
Price level

"New ID do pretty good makeovers that are not at all expensive but the "

I as at the New ID salon for just under five hours. I booked via their website, the deluxe makeover that was forty pounds, but I got a half price last minute deal on it , so I was happy with that.

After I paid online and got the voucher I phoned them up to book and was advised to go during the week as there are long waiting times at the weekend. This was not possible for me due to work commitments so I went on the weekend anyway. I was then told I had to make a twenty five pound booking deposit that I could use on either buying prints or I would get a refund seven days later. I was then told about the roll over deal where if you deposit what you want to spend on photos or part of it they will match the amount. I knew I would want at least one or two photos and as the cheapest ones are fifty quid I thought it was worth doing so I put one hundred pounds in.

The makeover was pretty good, I would have liked more cut off my hair but it was still a nice style. The make-up was a bit OTT if you ask me, too heavy and a bit tarty but it did come across very well in the pictures that I was very impressed with.

The viewing room where you get to see your pictures is small and I did feel under a bit of pressure to buy more than I had set out to buy but I stuck to my guns and came out having spent what I put down and what New ID has added to it and no more.

You can by the images on a CD or prints that are sent to you through the post. You also can buy frames, cosmetics and a range of beatify products none of which I was very interested in.

The salon is clean, fairly well organsied and the staff are friendly. I was overall pretty impressed and would be happy to use them again.